I vote to add Timer/Counter Libraries to the wish list

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroBasic PRO for PIC.
Author

I vote to add Timer/Counter Libraries to the wish list

#1 Post by glenlivet » 08 Jun 2017 04:20

I just began a project for a client that uses a NEMA 37 stepper motor. The motor and hybrid drive the client spec'd out have no provision for an encoder so I'm going to have to count the speed pulses in order to do the motor positioning. That's when I noticed there were no hardware libraries for the counter/timers as this is the first project where I've needed to use any C/T functions. No problem, I can always bit bang the C/T registers but a library would sure make life in the future much easier...
No offense, but how did you guys manage to overlook the counter timers?

I purchased the mikroBasic Pro compiler several years back to replace a Proton Development System that wasn't quite keeping up with the times if you know what I mean. Since then I've also become the proud owner of the mikroBasic for PIC32, MX and ARM and the accompanying development boards. I must say that the Mikroe compilers are a whole bunch meatier and a whole bunch syntactically pickier than the Proton compiler which I've relegated to "hobby" status. Because of you, my shop is on average now feeding a $200.00 per week MikroElektronika habit distributed between Mikromedia displays and click boards. I won't even mention the Hexiwear kits and that everyone in the shop had to have one!
I want you all to know that I hold everyone in your establishment personally responsible for my addiction because you won't stop cranking out such cool awesome development hardware. Just don't stop! I've heard that Mikroelektronika withdrawal can be pretty ugly. :lol:

lana.arsic
mikroElektronika team

Re: I vote to add Timer/Counter Libraries to the wish list

#2 Post by lana.arsic » 09 Jun 2017 10:36

Hi,
glenlivet wrote:I just began a project for a client that uses a NEMA 37 stepper motor. The motor and hybrid drive the client spec'd out have no provision for an encoder so I'm going to have to count the speed pulses in order to do the motor positioning. That's when I noticed there were no hardware libraries for the counter/timers as this is the first project where I've needed to use any C/T functions. No problem, I can always bit bang the C/T registers but a library would sure make life in the future much easier...
No offense, but how did you guys manage to overlook the counter timers?
Have you checked Timer Calculator?
You can download it from the link bellow:

https://libstock.mikroe.com/projects/vi ... calculator
glenlivet wrote:I purchased the mikroBasic Pro compiler several years back to replace a Proton Development System that wasn't quite keeping up with the times if you know what I mean. Since then I've also become the proud owner of the mikroBasic for PIC32, MX and ARM and the accompanying development boards. I must say that the Mikroe compilers are a whole bunch meatier and a whole bunch syntactically pickier than the Proton compiler which I've relegated to "hobby" status. Because of you, my shop is on average now feeding a $200.00 per week MikroElektronika habit distributed between Mikromedia displays and click boards. I won't even mention the Hexiwear kits and that everyone in the shop had to have one!
I want you all to know that I hold everyone in your establishment personally responsible for my addiction because you won't stop cranking out such cool awesome development hardware. Just don't stop! I've heard that Mikroelektronika withdrawal can be pretty ugly. :lol:
Thank you very much for your nice words, our developers put in a lot of effort,
I will be sure to pass along your kind words as they are really appreciated.

Kind regards,
Lana

Return to “mikroBasic PRO for PIC Wish List”