LCD

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroBasic PRO for PIC.
Author

LCD

#1 Post by antonadc » 03 Mar 2016 14:39

1)I use a LCD a lot mostly a 4 x 20 and sometimes a 16 x 2. When I use the lcd_out command in the case of Lcd_out(1,2,"Demo"). This will print demo on the left side of the screen. I now have to count the word demo which is 4 char subtract it from 20 and divide by two to get the text in the center of the screen. Is there not some way of doing it in the compiler. The compiler can check how many char there are between the inverted commas and do the maths. And either show how many char's you must put in or do it automatically. The lcd can be inserted in the top of the listing. If no lcd then all is normal.

2) also what is irritating for me is when the cursor is on top of the place I want to type something. Can the compiler not pick this up and move the cursor up or down 2 lines or so.

Thank you very much and I hope it will be considered.

Anton

uros.cvetinovic
mikroElektronika team

Re: LCD

#2 Post by uros.cvetinovic » 04 Mar 2016 17:06

Hi Anton,

You can implement some kind of function that would count where you need to start writing some word so it can be in the middle of the screen.
It shouldn't be that complicated.

You can use function Lcd_Cmd(_LCD_CURSOR_OFF) to remove cursor.
Or Lcd_Cmd(_LCD_MOVE_CURSOR_LEFT) and Lcd_Cmd(_LCD_MOVE_CURSOR_RIGHT) to move it.

Best regards,

Uros

Return to “mikroBasic PRO for PIC Wish List”