MikroPascal's internal Ethernet cannot ping !!

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroPascal PRO for PIC.
Author

MikroPascal's internal Ethernet cannot ping !!

#1 Post by rainer » 20 Dec 2015 11:18

Since years (in fact since I bought mP v2.5) I use mikroPascal for my projects.
At v2.5 times, mE was really quick with their support, and Zoran Ristic, a former employee of mE, was helping really well. It never needed more than 1-2 weeks to receive a solution for a reported problem. It is really sad that he left mE, because since that moment everything changed drastically, but not to the best. Click boards and other hardware crap seem to be much more important to mE than enhancing their compiler, otherwise they would have solved this long-time-issue, which is repeatedly reported by me since at least 6 years, would have been fixed meanwhile.

What I really wonder about, and I still hope and wait for a solution by MikroElektronika, is:
MikroPascal PRO 6.x still has not learned to ping other devices, but it can answer to incoming pings. This is a very basic function of Ethernet (and TCP/IP), so I am really wondering about this lack. Trying to get help from mE support ends in very "diplomatic answers" since years, but absolutely nothing else happens.
I had to decline several projects only because of this missing basic feature, because without pings it is really hard to create reliably working network solutions.

Has somebody found a way to originate PINGs with MikroPascal 6.4 and its built-in Ethernet library, please? Because of the experienced "speed" of MikroElektronika I am looking for a workaround, too, i.e. a sample code, running in main program and pinging other IP addresses / devices.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Rainer

Only for clarification: I am not talking about the libstock-Network-Ethernet-Library, it is wasting too much ROM and causes several other issues, so I always try to use the internal one, if possible.

Return to “mikroPascal PRO for PIC Wish List”