Continuing server problem

General discussion on mikroPascal PRO for PIC.
Author

Continuing server problem

#1 Post by hadv » 26 May 2015 16:53

When I start mikroPascal I am informed that a new version (6.6.0) is available.
Pressing the download button results in a 'server error'.
Ok, once can happen, but I'm already trying for a couple of days and I continue to get errors.
Downloading the full install from the product page is no problem, but I have had serious problems with a full download on 6.5.0 (needed administrator log in to run the program), so I would like to try the update first.
It's not the first time updating does not work, for 6.5.0 it was the same story.

Anyone from mE any answers/advice?

Regards
Harm

janni

Re: Continuing server problem

#2 Post by janni » 26 May 2015 17:19

6.50 was a minor upgrade - most of us could let it be installed automatically. Version 6.60, on the other hand is a 'major' upgrade (one wouldn't guess from numbering :( ) and requires uninstall of any previous version (with the usual need to manually restore any own settings).
In other words, you may equally well download the new version directly from mikroE website instead of letting the IDE do the same. I wouldn't hurry in your place, however. It looks like 6.60 will soon be replaced due to errors introduced to IDE. And if you use any libraries in form of packages, do not upgrade until the bugs are fixed or you won't be able to work with mP PRO.

hadv

#3 Post by hadv » 26 May 2015 17:27

Thanks for the information, especially that you indicate NOT to use 6.6.0.

Regards
Harm

darko.minic

#4 Post by darko.minic » 27 May 2015 10:19

Hi,

Thank you Janni for answering on this question.

About 6.6.0. version, surely there is some unpredictable behavior of compiler and we will try to fix it as soon as possible.
We are very sorry for any inconvenience you have with new version of mikroPascal Pro for PIC.

Regards,
Darko

Return to “mikroPascal PRO for PIC General”