CANSPI MCP2515 Use of Interrupt pin.

General discussion on mikroPascal PRO for PIC.
Author

CANSPI MCP2515 Use of Interrupt pin.

#1 Post by amfortas » 16 Mar 2015 18:11

Hi,

Using the CANSPI Module, I have no problems with CANSPI.Write or CANSPI.Read.

However my prototype PCB MCP2515 application appears to Write fine but will not Read.

I am using the MPascalPRO CANSPI tools running in PIC18F452 processors.

I notice your CANSPI Modules connect the MCP 2515 Int Pin to PortC 1 whilst I have left the INT pin disconnected as per your Library MCP2510 example. (Actually I have connected the int pin to Port B1 just to provide an interrupt path but this will not be seen by the CANSPI Read routine).

I do not know why my prototype is not acknowledging a bus signal but I think this missing INT connection to Port C1 might be a possible reason - the CANSPI MODULE connected to my EastPic6 behaves perfectly using a USBTin Module to work as a virual serial port in Delphi.

Would I be right in thinking my missing C1 connection is the likely error ?

Very many thanks,

Amfortas

darko.minic

Re: CANSPI MCP2515 Use of Interrupt pin.

#2 Post by darko.minic » 17 Mar 2015 13:13

Hi Amfortas,

When you design your own hardware it is strongly recommended to use schematic connections which we provide
with examples for our boards.
I can recommend you to try to set connections as on schematic which we provide, and see if the problem remains the same.

Best regards,

amfortas

Re: CANSPI MCP2515 Use of Interrupt pin.

#3 Post by amfortas » 18 Mar 2015 16:46

Thanks darco minic,

I am actually using the ME sample circuit which does not use the INT pin of the MCP2515. I merely connected the INT pin to RB1 which is inactive so that I could use the interrupt should I find it of value as a direct link to the PIC18F452.

I am suspecting some hardware problem but so far I cannot find any.

Anyway I appreciate your response.

Regards,

Colin(amfortas)

Return to “mikroPascal PRO for PIC General”