PIC related website

General discussion on mikroPascal PRO for PIC.
Author
petar.timotijevic
mikroElektronika team

Re: PIC related website

#691 Post by petar.timotijevic » 21 Mar 2014 00:52

joseLB wrote:Hi Dany

By any chance do you know a good software do compare changes betwen 2 MP projects? I mean, one project is copy of the other, the copy received some changes and now I need to compare the original project with the changed one.
Thanks
Jose
Hello,

Please see:

Comparison of file comparison tools
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison ... ison_tools

Best regards,
Peter

joseLB

#692 Post by joseLB » 21 Mar 2014 21:17

petar.timotijevic wrote:
joseLB wrote:Hello,
Please see:
Best regards,
Peter
Thanks Peter, this list will help.
But I was wondering if there is a tool more specific to xxx.mppas or even to a mikroe Pascal Project...
Thanks again
Jose

joseLB

#693 Post by joseLB » 21 Mar 2014 22:18

petar.timotijevic wrote:
joseLB wrote:Hello,
Please see:
Best regards,
Peter
Thanks Peter, this list will help.
But I was wondering if there is a tool more specific to xxx.mppas or even to a mikroe Pascal Project... like something that you guys use at mikroe?
Thanks again
Jose

Dany

#694 Post by Dany » 22 Mar 2014 16:00

By any chance do you know a good software do compare changes betwen 2 MP projects? I mean, one project is copy of the other, the copy received some changes and now I need to compare the original project with the changed one.
Thanks
Jose
Hi Jose, I used ExamDiff from PrestoSoft to compare file content. I do not use or have special software for .mpas files or for mP projects.
In a number of cases, if I want do do some actions for whole projects, I do use batchfiles... I will check if I have some batchfile that compare projects if you want.
Kind regards, Dany.
Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in... (L. Cohen)
Remember when we were young? We shone like the sun. (David Gilmour)

Dany

#695 Post by Dany » 22 Mar 2014 17:29

Dany wrote:

Thanks
Jose
Hi Jose, I used ExamDiff from PrestoSoft to compare file content. I do not use or have special software for .mpas files or for mP projects.
In a number of cases, if I want do do some actions for whole projects, I do use batchfiles... I will check if I have some batchfile that compare projects if you want.
Hi Jose, attached a batchfile that compares files in two different environments. The names of the files and their (partial) paths are read from the file "Files.txt", the output can be found in "differences.txt".
Attachments
_compare_libraries_with_packages.zip
(1018 Bytes) Downloaded 243 times
Kind regards, Dany.
Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in... (L. Cohen)

joseLB

#696 Post by joseLB » 24 Mar 2014 22:29

Dany wrote:Hi Jose, I used ExamDiff from PrestoSoft to compare file content. I do not use or have special software for .mpas files or for mP projects.

Hi Jose, attached a batchfile that compares files in two different environments. The names of the files and their (partial) paths are read from the file "Files.txt", the output can be found in "differences.txt".
Thanks Dany, I will take a look.
Thanks Petar, I will check apps at your list!
Jose

petar.timotijevic
mikroElektronika team

#697 Post by petar.timotijevic » 25 Mar 2014 11:24

joseLB wrote:
Dany wrote:Hi Jose, I used ExamDiff from PrestoSoft to compare file content. I do not use or have special software for .mpas files or for mP projects.

Thanks Dany, I will take a look.
Thanks Petar, I will check apps at your list!
Jose
Hi,

You can even use compare option from Total Commander tool.

- Select two documents,
- Open Files menu, click on Compare by Content.

Best regards,
Peter

Dany

#698 Post by Dany » 18 Apr 2014 19:49

Hi, a new tool has been added to LibStock: the "Project Configuration in text Format tool, StandAlone version", see http://www.libstock.com/projects/view/9 ... ne-version.

It enables you to translate any config (.cfg) file from a PIC, dsPIC/PIC24 or PIC32 project (provided one of the compilers has been installed for the MCU type) to "human readable" text.

In many cases only the project code is added to e.g. a forum post, but the configuration of the MCU is at least as important. Many projects do not work because the configuration is wrong. The only possibility to show a project's configuration currently is a screen shot of the IDE's "Edit Project" menu. This is not very user friendly.
With this tool it becomes possible to add the configuration to e.g. a forum post as a text.

The tool also exists in an IDE based version, see http://www.libstock.com/projects/view/4 ... ext-format.

Screenshot:
Kind regards, Dany.

Megahurts

#699 Post by Megahurts » 18 Apr 2014 22:22

Hi Dany,

Thanks for the cool new useful tool, I will check it out.

Peace Brother, Robert.
HW: easyPIC5|PICFlash2|easyBT|smartGSM|easyGSM|PICPLC16|mmWorkStation|FT800 Eve|PIC Clicker/2|
MMBs:PIC18F,PIC33EP,PIC32|CLICKs:DAC,ADC,GPS L10,Thermo,8x8B LED,Stepper,W/B OLED,9DOF,GPS3,tRF,Hall I|

SW: mP for PIC|mB for PIC-dsPIC-PIC32|Visual-TFT|

petar.timotijevic
mikroElektronika team

#700 Post by petar.timotijevic » 18 Apr 2014 23:28

Hi,

Nice tool, thank You Dany.

Best regards,
Peter

joseLB

#701 Post by joseLB » 19 Apr 2014 03:08

Thanks Dany
Jose

Dany

#702 Post by Dany » 03 May 2014 19:25

2014-05-03

Hi, following libraries were added to the USB_OA package (http://www.libstock.com/projects/view/71/usb-oa), for the PIC versions only:

- USB_CDC_Twin_Library: creates 2 virtual COM devices on the PC
- USB_CDC_Library_P18FxxJ53: the same as USB_CDC_Library but specifically for the P18FxxJ53 family
- USB_CDC_PP2_Library_P18FxxJ53: same as above but with ping pong buffering.
Kind regards, Dany.

VCC

#703 Post by VCC » 03 May 2014 20:01

Thank you :D

Dany

#704 Post by Dany » 30 May 2014 16:40

Hi,

The LM35 library has been added to the TempSensors package, see http://www.libstock.com/projects/view/104/tempsensors.
No float calculations have been used in the conversion routines, so the code is more code size effective than usually in this type of calculations.
A special version of the conversion routine, even cheaper in code size, is provided for one special case: 5V ADC Vref and 1024 ADC steps.
Kind regards, Dany.

MaGiK

#705 Post by MaGiK » 30 May 2014 17:08

I've read in the interview that you're currently working on this library, but I didn't realize it would be released so soon :shock:
Thank you so much for all your contributions. They're very appreciated :D

Best Wishes and Best Regards
My hobby is collecting MikroElektronika products.
Gotta catch them all!

Return to “mikroPascal PRO for PIC General”