V6.4.0 download

General discussion on mikroPascal PRO for PIC.
Author

V6.4.0 download

#1 Post by Malcolm_M » 25 Oct 2017 14:46

I am currently using mP Pro V6.0.1 but now need support for the PIC12LF1571 which from this page:

https://learn.mikroe.com/pic-compilers-roadmap/

is supported by V6.4.0.

Is this a good version and if so, where can I download it?

janni

Re: V6.4.0 download

#2 Post by janni » 25 Oct 2017 17:05

If you're ready to upgrade then go for the newest version (7.1, download link). Version 6.4 command-line compiler had several errors fixed in later versions. Truth is, I use a mixture of IDE, command-line compiler and definition files from different versions, so my opinion concerns mainly the command-line compiler (though sometimes I use an older version in this case, as well, as v7.1 is a bit more wasteful).

Malcolm_M

#3 Post by Malcolm_M » 25 Oct 2017 17:51

Many thanks janni, I will try it out on on a spare PC tomorrow so there is no chance of disturbing my V6.0.1 installation. The program will definitely fit in the demo limit so should be a simple installation exercise. The main objective of the project is absolute minimum power consumption, my first project of this type and so should be an interesting challenge. The processor will sleep for ~1sec, wake up for 20ms and then go back to sleep.

OT

#4 Post by OT » 27 Oct 2017 04:13

janni wrote:Truth is, I use a mixture of IDE, command-line compiler and definition files from different versions, so my opinion concerns mainly the command-line compiler (though sometimes I use an older version in this case, as well, as v7.1 is a bit more wasteful).
Hi Janni, I am using the dsPIC compiler, but as they are similar it is probably best to follow up here. Could you provide some details as to how you combine the compiler of a newer version of MP [MPdsPIC] with an older IDE? I have already found that I can copy specific definition files from the new to the older version, and specific library mcl files too. I see that there is a dependency map, LibDependency.ini that could need update depending on which libs are to be used. Then I found a file, mPdsPIC.exe which I suspect is the compiler. Do you just replace that file (after backing up) or do you make a separate call? Anything else?
mikropascal dsPIC, Visual TFT, MMBdsPIC v.105, 1.10_9A, mikroProg, "Big"(P30F6012A)EasydsPIC2

janni

#5 Post by janni » 27 Oct 2017 13:46

Hi,
Yes, it's usually that simple - just replacing the command-line compiler executable (mPdsPIC.exe in your case), as the IDE runs it with a list of command-line parameters (may be seen in Messages window) and format of these rarely changes.
IDE depends on many configuration files, so switching it is not so obvious, though mostly works by simply replacing its executable (best to have a copy of the whole directory in case something goes wrong :wink: ).
The dependency map is needed by Library Manager and serves only automatic inclusion of interdependent libs.

OT

#6 Post by OT » 27 Oct 2017 22:43

Thanks Janni for the information. I still have the v.6.2.1 as my main installation so this should be easy, not messing with changing the IDE.
mikropascal dsPIC, Visual TFT, MMBdsPIC v.105, 1.10_9A, mikroProg, "Big"(P30F6012A)EasydsPIC2

Return to “mikroPascal PRO for PIC General”