eeprom overwriiten

Beta Testing discussion on mikroBasic PRO for PIC.
Author

eeprom overwriiten

#1 Post by chipbreaker2 » 29 Aug 2010 09:34

Hi, I may have misunderstood Pic-flash settings, I cannot find a way of preserving the eprom when writing the program data to the pic. Using eprom protect in settings produces a write error, and leaving the eprom write out of the programming settings has no effect. I can of course change bits and write direct to the eprom but I have to do this every time I reprogram the chip. Am I missing something or is this a bug? Thanks Brian
Most know what they know, I know what I don't know! (Albert Einstein)
This is good to remember when one is confronted by a one upper know it all!
It is usually those that don't know that respond unhelpfully to those that ask for help!

MAN

Re: eeprom overwriiten

#2 Post by MAN » 30 Aug 2010 12:55

Hi Brian;

the PicFlash has options button that shows all possible config for writing to the chip.
maybe, if you write one time to the chip program and eeprom and later disable the checkbox in "program options" "DATA(eeprom)" could work for subsequents write or "Advanced options" "Preserve Data (eeprom)" . but i don't tested it before.
Working with you, for you!
MAN

chipbreaker

#3 Post by chipbreaker » 30 Aug 2010 20:13

Hi Man, thank you for your interest in this problem. You are correct about the buttons, but I have tried several settings and have always either an error reported or the eeprom is over written. It would seem that the eeprom protect does not function as when this is set the error window opens.Regards Brian. P.S. I am not sure if this problem showed up in previous versions!
Most people know what they know I know what I don,t know(Albert Einstein)

ranko.rankovic

#4 Post by ranko.rankovic » 31 Aug 2010 14:08

Hello chipbreaker,

Please look at options of the programming software, you can disable there overwriting the EEPROM. Look at attached picture.
Options.JPG
Options.JPG (80.56 KiB) Viewed 1933 times
Best regards
Ranko Rankovic
mikroElektronika [Support Department]

chipbreaker2

#5 Post by chipbreaker2 » 31 Aug 2010 16:05

ranko.rankovic wrote:Hello chipbreaker,

Please look at options of the programming software, you can disable there overwriting the EEPROM. Look at attached picture.
Options.JPG
Best regards
Hello Ranko, thanks for the detail, I had found that setting but was confused by the result, when reading the eeprom back one reads all zero,s, but the eeprom is indeed intact as detected by the chip program. The result being that the eeprom data is preserved but one can only check the eeprom content from within the chip program, not via a chip read through picflash. Perhaps it was never intended to read the eeprom data via picflash, that I do not know.
Or maybe I am a bit slow today, best regards, BRian
Most know what they know, I know what I don't know! (Albert Einstein)
This is good to remember when one is confronted by a one upper know it all!
It is usually those that don't know that respond unhelpfully to those that ask for help!

Return to “mikroBasic PRO for PIC Beta Testing”