side gutter in the text editor

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroC PRO for PIC.
Author

side gutter in the text editor

#1 Post by rekinchin » 27 Jan 2010 16:40

I find it very awkward to place the cursor using a mouse to the first character of the line either I go to far to the left and the cursor doesnt move or I go to far to the right and place the cursor on the second character.

Usually there is a gutter before the first character on the line that allows for less accuracy in mouse pointing.

Think the problem is that the cursor doesnt move when expected just cos was too far left rather than accuracy itself.

Thanks

tihomir.losic
mikroElektronika team

#2 Post by tihomir.losic » 28 Jan 2010 13:22

Hello,

I will pass your suggestions to our developers and they will consider your proposal.
Thank you for your support.

Best regards,

Losic Tihomir
mikroElektronika [Support team]

dslocum

Re: side gutter in the text editor

#3 Post by dslocum » 03 Apr 2010 12:23

rekinchin wrote:I find it very awkward to place the cursor using a mouse to the first character of the line either I go to far to the left and the cursor doesnt move or I go to far to the right and place the cursor on the second character.

Usually there is a gutter before the first character on the line that allows for less accuracy in mouse pointing.

Think the problem is that the cursor doesnt move when expected just cos was too far left rather than accuracy itself.

Thanks
I second that idea. The editor is difficult to use to select text with mouse. You never know how to select text easily.

Thanks

Return to “mikroC PRO for PIC Wish List”