PIC18FXXJXX Family Remapable Pins

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroC PRO for PIC.
Author

PIC18FXXJXX Family Remapable Pins

#1 Post by constructor » 31 Aug 2009 02:46

PIC18FXXJXX Family allows to use functions like PWM2, PWM3 ..., USART2, SPI2, ... and so on, on any of the RPyy pins its desired to be used on the chip.

It would be really helpful if microC PRO supported this unique group of functions that it is possible to be used on any of the RPyy pins.

For example, in order no initialize the USART2 on RB0 and RB1 (TX2, RX2), the user has to write the command USART2_Init(115200, RP4, RP3).

I believe this could be extremely helpful for the developer instead of spending several minutes in front microchip's manual.

Thank you.

marko.ziv
mikroElektronika team

#2 Post by marko.ziv » 01 Sep 2009 12:01

Hi,

we are already working on supporting the modules available on the remappable pins of the PIC18FXXJXX.
There were some discrepancies in the Microchips documentation regarding the Peripheral Pin Select
and we are in communication with them to resolve the problem. Having this in mind i can not tell you the exact date
we are expecting those libraries to be ready for publishing.

Best Regards

constructor

#3 Post by constructor » 02 Sep 2009 01:47

Well I have to tell you that this is great news! The specific family offers low pin count and great functions. I can't wait to see those new libraries in C!

I'm already programming an 18F25j11 in mikroC PRO but initializing the modules in asm...

Do you believe that those libraries will be ready for use before the end of this year?

Regards.

Return to “mikroC PRO for PIC Wish List”