Mikro BUS and PIC Intergace

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroC PRO for PIC.
Author

Mikro BUS and PIC Intergace

#1 Post by kapil123 » 03 Aug 2014 00:21

Hello,
Can you explain the PIN diagram of mikroBUS used for the click (breakout boards). If click boards are directly interfaced with the StartUSB for PIC then pin AN, RST, CS, SCK, MISO, MOSI, PWM, INT, RX, TX, SCL, SDA are which PIN ( for the StartUSB for PIC board)?

Thank you.

hexreader

Re: Mikro BUS and PIC Intergace

#2 Post by hexreader » 03 Aug 2014 12:40

Circuit diagram for startUSB board gives all of the detailed connections.

Circuit diagram is in the manual which can be downloaded from here:

http://www.mikroe.com/startusb/pic/

MikroBUS pins are clearly labelled on each click board and each click board comes with a circuit diagram. Each click board may only use a sub-set of the signals available.
Start every day with a smile...... (get it over with) :)

kapil123

#3 Post by kapil123 » 03 Aug 2014 13:53

Hey, Thank you for your comment. I am not asking about the circuit diagram. I am asking about the respective pin configuration for the click board to the microcontroller interface ( esp. 18F2550).

hexreader

#4 Post by hexreader » 03 Aug 2014 15:54

Ah... now I get it !

That board has no mikroBUS connector - so you will have to manually wire to a click board.

The datasheet for the PIC that you are using will tell you where UART Tx/Rx pins are, along with SPI pins, PWM etc. Other pins are just general purpose I/O.

The answer depends on the click board that you want to use and how the software is written - i.e. is the software written for socket 1 or socket 2?

Life is even harder, because you are using a 28-pin PIC, but much sample code assumes 40-pin PIC18F45K22. You will have to carefully adjust any example code to use only ports that are available. Probably achievable, but needs plenty of PIC experience.

Would you think about buying an EasyPIC7 board? It is ready equipped with 2 mikroBUS sockets and a 40-pin PIC that works well with many click-board examples.

kapil123

#5 Post by kapil123 » 03 Aug 2014 17:00

what if I use 18F4550? How I design for 18F4550. What do you mean by socket 1 and socket 2?

hexreader

#6 Post by hexreader » 03 Aug 2014 17:16

kapil123 wrote:what if I use 18F4550? How I design for 18F4550. What do you mean by socket 1 and socket 2?
18F4550 hardware will be easy enough to work with, as you could simply copy easyPIC7 wiring. You will find almost no software examples available, so you may be on your own when porting examples, or writing code from scratch. Not an easy task for a beginner.

socket 1 and socket 2 are the two mikroBUS sockets available on EasyPIC7 board. Many click examples are for easyPIC7 and they instruct the user to insert a particular click board into socket 1 or socket 2.

The two sockets are wired differently.

Some development boards have up to 4 mikroBUS sockets.
How I design for 18F4550
My guess is that this will require a medium to high level of experience, a good understanding of PIC hardware and software, and a fair understanding of mikroC Pro implementation of C languauge.

Click boards vary in complexity. Some are very simple to use with simple hardware, while other boards can be highly complex (such as for Ethernet)

petar.timotijevic
mikroElektronika team

#7 Post by petar.timotijevic » 04 Aug 2014 14:48

Hi,

The best is to see development board schematic document. There you can find all connections between MCU and mikroBUS sockets.

In PIC MCU datasheet document you can find purpose for each PIC pin.

Please see EasyPICv7 Connectivity schematic document:
http://www.mikroe.com/downloads/get/170 ... _v104c.pdf

For example:
On mikroBUS1 you can see that RX is connected to RC7 and TX is connected to RC6. In PIC datasheet for PIC18F45K22 you will find that RC7 and RC6 pins are used for USART.

Best regards,
Peter

Return to “mikroC PRO for PIC Wish List”