Strange behaviour of software-debugger

Beta Testing discussion on mikroPascal PRO for PIC.
Author

Strange behaviour of software-debugger

#1 Post by Stefan Uhlemayr » 20 Apr 2009 11:42

I've just detected, that the software-debugger needs to be restarted after a change in the source-code has occured. It is not sufficient just to build the new code.

While this behaviour is usual for any hardware-debugger (the new source has to be programmed to the target-processor), it is pretty uncomfortable for the handling of the software-debugger (= simulator). Maybe it is possible to change this?

Thanks,
Stefan

Dany

#2 Post by Dany » 20 Apr 2009 14:54

Kind regards, Dany.
Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in... (L. Cohen)
Remember when we were young? We shone like the sun. (David Gilmour)

Stefan Uhlemayr

#3 Post by Stefan Uhlemayr » 20 Apr 2009 15:21

Looks like I've missed something... Unfortunately, it is not solved in v1.40.

Thanks,
Stefan

zristic
mikroElektronika team

#4 Post by zristic » 22 Apr 2009 12:46

After you modify the code, you have to save it and to rebuild the project in order for the debugger to understand changes.
The debugger is not reading the source code, it is reading a binary .DBG file which is created upon compilation.

Stefan Uhlemayr

#5 Post by Stefan Uhlemayr » 22 Apr 2009 12:57

zristic wrote:After you modify the code, you have to save it and to rebuild the project in order for the debugger to understand changes.
Rebuilding the project is not sufficient (when software-debugger is running already), you have to restart the debugger, that it will understand the changes - and this need for restarting is not very comfortable. By the way, saving the project is grayed out, when I simply change the code, but the files are saved automatically before they are build.

Return to “mikroPascal PRO for PIC Beta Testing”