MikroC Pro for AVR future

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroC PRO for AVR.
Author

MikroC Pro for AVR future

#1 Post by Nikitos » 27 Apr 2016 06:11

Hello everyone.
Last year I've bought "mikroC PRO for AVR" which costed ~250 usd. It's good IDE for programming with examples and I was happy first month.
But then I found that I can not use (for example CANSPI library) more then one module of one type. For example I wanted to use two CANSPI click modules, but it's impossible with these libraries because of special variables.

I did not have a time to write own library. I've bought mikroC PRO to save time and not write own libraries. I do not want to make aditional wires for to chip selection pin (as I found at the forum), I want to use different pins for chip selection like it must be. At the same time I do not know how to see code of these libraries, to improve it.
Then I found Arduino IDE with planty examples for two and more then two canspi modules, but that was for free and for arduino.

There is no hardware debugger as well. But it's very important...

So, my qeustions are:
1) What is an advantage of "MikroC PRO for AVR" to compare with Arduino IDE?
2) Will it be changes in libraries to solve "click modules" problem?
3) Are there some reasons to buy "MikroC PRO for AVR"?

Excuse me, but I had to ask these question after some months of using.

biljana.nedeljkovic
mikroElektronika team

Re: MikroC Pro for AVR future

#2 Post by biljana.nedeljkovic » 27 Apr 2016 10:44

Hello,

Our compilers were developed with many in-built functions and wrapped up libraries, so they can save time and avoid unnecessary repeating of the same code.

We want to give our users easy-to-use software.

Unfortunately, we are aware the lack of debugger for AVR is holding the development back, and we will support debugger for AVR.

Any changes to the existing libraries can be considered and applied if there are necessary to the successful further development.

Thank you for understanding.
Best regards,
Biljana

Nikitos

Re: MikroC Pro for AVR future

#3 Post by Nikitos » 27 Apr 2016 11:36

biljana.nedeljkovic wrote:Hello,

Our compilers were developed with many in-built functions and wrapped up libraries, so they can save time and avoid unnecessary repeating of the same code.

We want to give our users easy-to-use software.

Unfortunately, we are aware the lack of debugger for AVR is holding the development back, and we will support debugger for AVR.

Any changes to the existing libraries can be considered and applied if there are necessary to the successful further development.

Thank you for understanding.
Best regards,
Biljana
Thanks for answer. I think there are many questions about "Click modules" (for using more than one module at the same SPI). I hope in the future you will fix it.

Return to “mikroC PRO for AVR Wish List”