Small Version of SPI_Ethernet Library only with UDP/IP ???

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroC PRO for AVR.
Author

Small Version of SPI_Ethernet Library only with UDP/IP ???

#1 Post by muek » 18 Oct 2011 07:10

For my new Ethernet Home Automation Project I want to use a combination of AVR-NET-IO boards, your Mikromedia for XMEGA & Ready for XMEGA boards in combination with your MikroETH and the MikroC Compiler with the SPI_Ethernet Library. My first experiments are running smoothly and your standard Ethernet library works better and faster than my own ... I'm very happy !!!

But now the next step is to implement an bootloader via Ethernet UDP/IP and in the bootsection I only have 4096 words (ATmega644) and your library with complete TCP/IP stack is too large.

Is there a possibility to set an library option to use only UDP/IP and make ist smaller to fit into the bootsection?

Can you help me to do this ???

Regards,
Klaus

filip
mikroElektronika team

Re: Small Version of SPI_Ethernet Library only with UDP/IP ?

#2 Post by filip » 19 Oct 2011 09:03

Hi,

Currently, the library is distributed as is and in the near future I don't think we will change it.
Nevertheless, I will report this suggestion to our developers.

Regards,
Filip.

muek

Re: Small Version of SPI_Ethernet Library only with UDP/IP ?

#3 Post by muek » 21 Oct 2011 06:31

filip wrote:Hi,
Currently, the library is distributed as is and in the near future I don't think we will change it.
It's a shame, but not really a problem.

Last Knight I've ported my own stack to the MikroC Compiler and it works now. Next I can implement a simple BootLoader like your mikroBootLoader but for Ethernet UDP/IP using the mikroETH board or any other compatible board with an ENC28J60 Ethernet controller!

Regards,
Klaus

Return to “mikroC PRO for AVR Wish List”