Compiler progress

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroC PRO for AVR.
Author

Compiler progress

#1 Post by sadavis80 » 06 Dec 2008 02:44

If we have the Messages window hidden or 'stowed' on the side or bottom of the editor in the IDE, there is *NO* indication of compiler progress .. or even if it was compiling or not. Would be nice to have at least SOME indication that compilation was going on ... and then DONE.

Yes - if there are ERRORS, it stops with a line flagged (almost always the LAST line in the file, rather than the line the compiler errored on.

Also - the error line number is given in the message box, but if I double click on the line in the message box, it takes me to the LAST LINE in the file. I Have to look at the line number, go to the file and scroll to the line to see what's up. Shouldn't the dblclick take me to the correct line?
Steve

rajkovic
mikroElektronika team

Re: Compiler progress

#2 Post by rajkovic » 31 Mar 2009 10:16

sadavis80 wrote:If we have the Messages window hidden or 'stowed' on the side or bottom of the editor in the IDE, there is *NO* indication of compiler progress .. or even if it was compiling or not. Would be nice to have at least SOME indication that compilation was going on ... and then DONE.
We have added message to status bar, and now message window is forced to be visible if any error occurs.
Yes - if there are ERRORS, it stops with a line flagged (almost always the LAST line in the file, rather than the line the compiler errored on.

Also - the error line number is given in the message box, but if I double click on the line in the message box, it takes me to the LAST LINE in the file. I Have to look at the line number, go to the file and scroll to the line to see what's up. Shouldn't the dblclick take me to the correct line?
Steve
this is context dependent problem. Please post code which cause that benhaviour.

Return to “mikroC PRO for AVR Wish List”