Tab settings (minor) - and question

Beta Testing discussion on mikroC PRO for AVR.
Author

Tab settings (minor) - and question

#1 Post by sadavis80 » 18 Nov 2008 19:51

In Editor Options, the Tab Width doesn't correlate. I select 2,4 or 8 and I still get 4. Not sure what option 'Want tabs' does - nor what 'Smart Tab Delete' means.

I often want to cut/paste to move blocks of code. I generally put the cursor in the first column of a line and then drag the mouse down to highlight as many lines as I need - stopping on the line just BELOW the last line I want (to get the CR/LF at the end of the line). This editor does something strange when I try that ... when I drop to the next line, that line is highlighted in a different color than the 'block', but it still has a marked effect on the cut/paste operation. I can't exactly figure out what's going on, but it's related to the fact that the CR/LF sequences are not picked up as expected. If I hit CUT, then that last line is cut as well - when I insert, there is no CR/LF and the line where inserted is simply slid to the end of the last line I'm inserting - rather than being on a line below.

I can break my (YEARS LONG) habit, I guess, but it would be nice if I could understand what it's doing and why.
Steve

zristic
mikroElektronika team

Re: Tab settings (minor) - and question

#2 Post by zristic » 19 Nov 2008 12:11

Do not break your habits, we will try to fix it to work as we all are acustomed to.

Return to “mikroC PRO for AVR Beta Testing”