XDATA, SFR List, Libraries and Dokumentation

General discussion on mikroPascal PRO for 8051.
Author

XDATA, SFR List, Libraries and Dokumentation

#1 Post by Piranha » 22 Oct 2017 16:31

Hello,
i buy this 8051 Pascal Compiler last week. Now i try to work with this Compiler in a bigger Projekt.
Until now i work with embedded Pascal ( Rainer iAfrica ) since 1995 without any Problems.
With MicroPascal the first big Problem was the not compatible SFR Names compared with Atmel 89C51ED2. SFR BRL is named BRLN...and no Dokumentation to see this.
Only after a flawless compilation...and only then....you can look in Statistics and found BRLN !!!

Next ist the wrong function with XDATA....lot times written in this Forum..but since 2013 no Update?????
Next the Dokumentation...Also Online shortcuts. A Function should be show SFR Register...but open new Project.

When i compile my Project i get a lot messages " not enough memory "... all variables i locate in XDATA if posible. I have no chance to change anything in Memory mapping...so i think Data and Idate are used for example : if Pos('RESET',RX_Buffer) > 0 then Reset_Adress_Counter; RX_Buffer is defined as IData.
In your String library i miss the standard pascal functions POS and COPY....
When ,you think, we get a working Update? Since 2013 there is no update and spec. XDATA Problem is reported already from other user.
Why the libraries are not open Source? ...Why the SFR definition a big secret??
There are more points...but i think to buy this compiler was lost money ......
For me...until you make your Homework and bring a WORKING Version... i use my old compiler or TURBO51.
Regards Hans K.

filip
mikroElektronika team

Re: XDATA, SFR List, Libraries and Dokumentation

#2 Post by filip » 02 Nov 2017 17:08

Hi,
With MicroPascal the first big Problem was the not compatible SFR Names compared with Atmel 89C51ED2. SFR BRL is named BRLN...and no Dokumentation to see this.
Only after a flawless compilation...and only then....you can look in Statistics and found BRLN !!!
Yes, you are right about this, the Baud Rate Reload register is defined as BRLN.

To solve this, you can add the correct register definition at the beginning of your code :

Code: Select all

var BRL : byte; absolute 0x9A; volatile; sfr;
Next ist the wrong function with XDATA....lot times written in this Forum..but since 2013 no Update?????
Next the Dokumentation...Also Online shortcuts. A Function should be show SFR Register...but open new Project.
Could you please explain your issue in more details, maybe I could help you regarding this ?
In your String library i miss the standard pascal functions POS and COPY....
For POS, you can use strstr function, and for COPY you can try to use strcpy, both of these function are located in the String library.
When ,you think, we get a working Update? Since 2013 there is no update and spec. XDATA Problem is reported already from other user.
We have in plans to update the compiler, but at this moment I am unable to tell you a precise data.
Why the libraries are not open Source? ...Why the SFR definition a big secret??
This was a developers decision at the moment of the release, maybe we could change this, I will speak with the developers.

Regards,
Filip.

Piranha

Re: XDATA, SFR List, Libraries and Dokumentation

#3 Post by Piranha » 28 Aug 2019 17:13

Quote:

We have in plans to update the compiler, but at this moment I am unable to tell you a precise data.

That´s what you wrote in October 2017....now it`s in few days September 2019...round 2 Years ago
and you change or update NOTHING in this 2 years. The compiler is not to use because lot errors and so.... This company looks only to get money...but no service.
SEND ME MY MONEY BACK for this spamsoftware...

Return to “mikroPascal PRO for 8051 General”