If I had a documenter.

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroBasic.
Author

If I had a documenter.

#1 Post by Sidharta » 07 Oct 2005 15:17

:roll:
Running towards the perfect development suite I miss a documenter. I'm used to XML tags .
A subset of XML would be enough to implement a good documentation.

With the following XML tags recognized it will be enough to do a good documentation in the programs.

<summary>
<param>
<return>
<var>

It it were the full XML set it would be a real Christmas gift.

I know I'm always asking but....

zristic
mikroElektronika team

Re: If I had a documenter.

#2 Post by zristic » 10 Oct 2005 08:22

Let me summarize, you want a documenter that will make XML out of your code? If so, then the wish is granted. You may not get it with Santa Clause, but it may appear soon after him...

WB6BNQ

#3 Post by WB6BNQ » 10 Oct 2005 18:01

I would much rather see the efforts spent at improving the BASIC compiler and cleaning up the code with more efficient memory use.

I would much rather see the efforts spent at improving the BASIC compiler so that the language is LESS Microsoft bloatware and more ordered toward the controller environment which is what these PIC chips are all about.

I would much rather see the efforts spent at improving the BASIC compiler so that the libraries have more flexibility such as being able to specify different pins for routines that are fixed.

My attitude is IF you want to look like the INTERNET environment / MICROSOFT BLOATWARE / SUN JAVA / SOME DAMN THING ELSE then get a PC !

My two cents. Thanks, lost it there for a minute.

Bill....WB6BNQ

Sidharta

#4 Post by Sidharta » 10 Oct 2005 18:42

I see you have had a bad day... but it's not my fault ... I think so..
It is possible that my needs may be different of yours .
Documenting is very important in programming.
Of course there are other improvements to look for as vital as a good documentation .
The need for a good documenting method depends on the lenght and complexity of the program.
The libraries of mikrobasic are quite good and they are always increasing.
A reason more to improve documentation.
I've used several compilers and this is quite efficient in speed and in the usage of RAM , perhaps it can be improved in the size of the code but they say they are working on that .
Everybody knows programming is an art and you have to be patient with artis.
I think you are using mikrobasic from a PC aren't you? We all say the same but we use Windows XP anyway.
Sorry for my english it's not my first languge neither the second.

:roll:

WB6BNQ

#5 Post by WB6BNQ » 10 Oct 2005 19:28

Hi A.S,

Sorry -- Actually I should admit that I am not familiar on XML. I also agree that documentation is highly important.

No, I have not had a bad day. I was just using the topic to make a point with the ME folks. Now-a-days it seems like everyone wants things to emulate what happens in the Microsoft &/or IBM clone PC world.

The problem with that direction is losing sight of the fact that these devices, like the PIC's, are really a controlling mechanism and not really a general computing mechanism. So often, too much effort is expended trying to make them more like a general computing device. This detracts from concentrating on the controller environement and making the code really effecient and purposeful as a controller.

I was not trying to detract from your point at all, even though it may appear that way. My apologies for that.

Bill....WB6BNQ

Sidharta

#6 Post by Sidharta » 11 Oct 2005 07:23

8)
O.K.
I see your point of view and I agree with you.
In any case more tools mean less work to do.....

Don't worry we are friends again....

:lol: :lol:

Return to “mikroBasic Wish List”