Pic Simulator tools

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroBasic.
Author

Pic Simulator tools

#1 Post by Kalain » 06 May 2005 20:56

Hi,

In debugger mode, it would be really useful to add the possibility to display tools like :

- Pic's pins (display in DIP package)
Pic's pins color would change with pins level (high or low).
For logical input pins, if you click on it, you would toggle between high and low level.

- some basics inputs : switch, push button, potentiometers (for analogs inputs). It would give a better simulation in debugger mode.

- some displays tools : led, 7 segment display, Lcd display...
It would be possible to configure how the device is connected to pic's pins.

- a function generator.
square, sinus, triangle signal could be configured and connected to any pic's pin.

- a several channel digital scope in order to see what's going on in pic's pins.

I recon these tools would be useful only for small or basic pic projects. It will be be very useful for Pic's beginners. It will give a better wiew and understanding of what you are doing.

I hope this tools will come soon in MB. (also in MP, MC)

Best regards

Alain PIERRE

Kalain

#2 Post by Kalain » 25 Jun 2005 10:12

Hi,

Following the previous message and particulary : Pic's pins (display in DIP package)

This tool would display a pic's pins status (high, low) in DIP package during debugging mode.

- Output pins would be displayed with an external arrow
- Input pins would be displayed with an internal arrow.
named : Ia : for Analogic input
named : Id : for digital input

For Outputs, high and low level would change respective output pin color during debugging mode.

For Inputs, a toggle button (digital input : High, Low) or a slide bar (analog input : 0 - 100%) could be used and simulate basic external interrupts during debugging mode.

This minimum debugging tool would give better power to debugging mode and watch window.
Alain

anton

#3 Post by anton » 25 Jun 2005 16:52

I busy writing a small simulator for the Easy PIC 2 board in Delphi 7

Still needs a LOT of code and i'm doing it in my free-time :roll:
Another proud user of LV 24-33A Development System and mikroPascal PRO for dsPIC :)
PortA not working? Add CMCON := 7; PortD not working? Add ADCON1 := 6;
To paste code on the forum, please use the [b] Code [/b] button !! ;)

LGR

#4 Post by LGR » 25 Jun 2005 17:16

Anton - that's great! That will be a lot of work, but it will be a great tool.

Not to add to your list, but what would really be a good extention to this (once it's complete) is a monitor program to run in the physical easyPIC, and communicate with the simulator via USB (or RS-232), which would allow physical I/O to interact with the simulator. That would be an awesome development environment.

As an alternative or suppliment, it would be nice if ICD2 could be integrated. I understand that this isn't easy to do, because Microchip isn't forthcoming with the technical details.

I'd like to see this extended to dsPIC boards, UNI-DS, etc, but that would be a lot of work, wouldn't it?
If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything.

Charlie

#5 Post by Charlie » 25 Jun 2005 17:44

Hi Anton,

That is Great! I agree with LGR about making it comunicate with the easypic2.anyway Thanks for the Great work.Would it be possible to have a diagram of the pic being used and show the I/O pins that are being uses as well?
Regards Charlie M.

anton

#6 Post by anton » 26 Jun 2005 11:41

Not to add to your list, but what would really be a good extention to this (once it's complete) is a monitor program to run in the physical easyPIC, and communicate with the simulator via USB (or RS-232), which would allow physical I/O to interact with the simulator. That would be an awesome development environment.

I'd like to see this extended to dsPIC boards, UNI-DS, etc, but that would be a lot of work, wouldn't it?
You gave me a very good idea with the monitor. I'll see what i can do, but it will take some time, except if mikroElektronika will give me an example of the debugger or a small piece of the source for the debugger, hint, hint :lol: :lol:

For dsPic i think it will have to wait for now. I still have to learn a few thinngs about dsPic. I have the board but haven't really done anything on it :cry:
Another proud user of LV 24-33A Development System and mikroPascal PRO for dsPIC :)

anton

#7 Post by anton » 26 Jun 2005 11:46

That is Great! I agree with LGR about making it comunicate with the easypic2.anyway Thanks for the Great work.Would it be possible to have a diagram of the pic being used and show the I/O pins that are being uses as well?
I'll add a diagram with the pins there in the blank spaces. Just haven;t found any nice pics of DIP8 DIP12 DIP16 DIP28 and DIP40 ICs, hehe

I thought of making something like plugins so that you can add your own things BUT i first have to finish the basics.

Charlie

#8 Post by Charlie » 26 Jun 2005 12:02

Hi Anton,

I just want to say again Thanks for the Great work. I don't see why ME would'nt help you .
Regards Charlie M.

LGR

#9 Post by LGR » 26 Jun 2005 15:35

And when you are all done with all of that, you can have a GLCD simulator..... :wink:
If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything.

Return to “mikroBasic Wish List”