Program works on MB v7.0.0.0 only

Beta Testing discussion on mikroBasic.
Author

Program works on MB v7.0.0.0 only

#1 Post by dejan_mrtt » 06 Sep 2008 14:11

Hello to all, and regards for the BETA idea.

I am currently working on a Door Access Controller, InCircuit - we already have a PCB made, with theese parts in general:

PIC18F87J50;
512KB Parallel SRAM from Renesas;
RealTimeClock = DS1306;
some input logic circuits for wiegand inputs;
push button inputs;
door sensor inputs;
and 4x relays as outputs.

The project is in development phase (1/3rd way done), communication protocol is yet to be implemented....

but anyway I have taken the advantage to test the MB v7002 and 7003 BETA - as well as MB v 6000.
The results are as follows:

with MB 7000, code works great;
with MB 7002, code works wierd - device is not sensing the push buttons;
with MB 7003 BETA push buttons are OK but some other part of code concerning the SRAM chip is acting strange;

and in the end I have tried MB v 6000 founding that the problem is the same as in v 7002.

Crucial points in which I am suspecting are INTERRUPT Routines and Accessing Individual Bits in arrays..

Now....

I know that this is almost NO information for one to be able to find the reason for the problem, but I would just like to pass this information to MEteam. This code is not written for a development board - so I assume that it will be hard to debug it.

Anyway if ME team likes to give it a try, I will send it. So....please reply

I am awaiting for any kind of suggestions.

PS: Due to my agreement with my employer - a can not give out the code in public (unfortunately) -
:roll: - but I am sure I can send the project to Mikroelektronika :wink:

Of course the exact problem and solution will be announced later for the public.

Thanks

zristic
mikroElektronika team

Re: Program works on MB v7.0.0.0 only

#2 Post by zristic » 08 Sep 2008 15:20

Hi,
I am sorry that you cannot share any code because it is the only way to find the error.

All I can say is that the differences from v.7.02 and 7.03 beta are minor, i.e. we solved some issue with USB HID library which probably does not concern your project.

What you can give to us are .LST files of working and non working program and we will deal with it. It is important that you compile the same source code with the two compiler versions which will make .LST files least different.

Thanks.

oliverb

#3 Post by oliverb » 31 Dec 2008 15:56

I might have remembered this wrong but didn't version 7.0.0.0 handle bit operations in a slightly different way to the other compiler versions?

Button handling typically involves bit tests.

Return to “mikroBasic Beta Testing”