Library Source Code

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroPascal.
Author

#31 Post by LGR » 09 Feb 2008 00:40

And btw, let me mention in passing that the work that Florin has been doing is helping tremendously. At the rate he's going, we'll have all libraries in open-source form in all three languages in a year. :D I hope he's getting some kind of support from mE.
If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything.

janni

#32 Post by janni » 09 Feb 2008 01:40

LGR wrote:Janni - I can't say anything more specific...
Seen it :D and like it. Still, it just corroborates my opinion.

You're right about Florin. If he had more time, he'd probably rewrite the compilers as well :wink: .

BaCaRdi

#33 Post by BaCaRdi » 29 May 2008 01:34

I believe that open-source is the best way to have a company work out the bugs, as the community will patch them and make them work.

Since ME is short-staffed this would be a great way to have the open-source comunity fix the issues, and add features. Look at Linux itself, I have been using Linux since kernel .9A provided from a friend at MIT. I have to say, look what it has done for them. VMWare and many others has also open-sourced their software and now specilized companies have taken it to new worlds. This has been done time and time again, with great success.

I understand the managements issues with it, as they see lost revienues which is not correct, if anything it will increase sales and offer more Press for your company. When there is open-sourced software it draws tons of users!! believe me magazines and statements would be everywhere talking about it. I will post it for you if need be..lol Companies are amazed of the new found interests for their company when they open up to the public.

If worst comes to worse you could always close it again, and go where ever you want from there. Your complier / hardware would still be the strong income for the company. As I stated some-time-ago, ME's software and hardware are top-shelf stuff, I love it!

Just some thoughts is all.

-BaC
[size=109][color=Red][b]Error[/b]: {Panic!} when trying to load: [reality shell]. kernel: "universe has been halted"...[/color][/size]
[url=http://www.bacardiware.com]Information Underground[/url]

Return to “mikroPascal Wish List”