USB

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroPascal.
Author

USB

#1 Post by RytonMike » 17 Aug 2005 19:09

When can we expect a USB library in MicroPascal? Something along the lines of the C routines providing virtual RS232 as described in the MTI document AN956 would be very interesting.
Is there anyone else out there who would like to migrate from RS232 to USB comms?

Mike from Ryton, UK

zristic
mikroElektronika team

Re: USB

#2 Post by zristic » 18 Aug 2005 07:53

There is already a USB hid library for 18F4550 and 18F2550. Is it the one you need, or you refer to something else?

LGR

#3 Post by LGR » 18 Aug 2005 16:50

There are also several turnkey USB - RS232 chips available, Cypress makes some, and FTDI (?) or something like that. These might be easier than programming a microcontroller.
If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything.

RytonMike

#4 Post by RytonMike » 19 Aug 2005 14:47

Thanks for the comments, guys. You have made me think about what I’m really after! One of the common uses of RS232 is to link a pic device to a PC. I’m doing some feasibility investigations in this area concerned with dockable mobile devices that look a bit like data-loggers. In some of the applications there is a lot of data but the idea of transferring an SD card for example is not as attractive as having a docking station and a direct link. Clearly something more functional then a USB HID is needed.
So, what I really (really) want is to be able to make a pic application look like a standard memory stick connected to a USB 2 port on a pc. And I would like a FAT file handling library in Pascal which could be used in conjunction with external media such as SD, with connected memory or with internal ram.
Not much eh!

Mike from Ryton

anton

#5 Post by anton » 19 Aug 2005 18:57

And I would like a FAT file handling library in Pascal which could be used in conjunction with external media such as SD
Just read the help file. There is a library for SD/MMC FAT for the PIC.

For the USB that is not a HID i can't help :(
Another proud user of LV 24-33A Development System and mikroPascal PRO for dsPIC :)
PortA not working? Add CMCON := 7; PortD not working? Add ADCON1 := 6;
To paste code on the forum, please use the [b] Code [/b] button !! ;)

Return to “mikroPascal Wish List”