Add a SD memory card slot to Clicker2 type brds?

Post your requests and ideas on the future development boards.
Author

Add a SD memory card slot to Clicker2 type brds?

#1 Post by Megahurts » 19 Jan 2015 15:56

Hey Guys,

While I am really liking the Clicker-2 and ARM mmB sized boards with the expansions we wanted for a small versatile deployment system,
I have to wonder why the design did not include the same micro SD memory card interface as the mmB products have?

I can see the reason(s) to not include many of the peripherals the mmB boards have incorporated, and thankful that these mBUS enabled mini boards are very cost / feature friendly because of the diet.

But I have to say I wish the memory card interface was not one removed from the design, more so with the Clicker 2 and the memory limits of the PIC18F87J50 controller it uses.
Any of these such like mini boards would be greatly improved with a built in micro SD card slot interface so the mikroBUS sockets can be used for other feature additions and
many (Clicks) combinations would really only be feasible if off chip (MCU) memory was available to handle the data loads they generate.

No matter the MCU and its on-board resources used for these and future designs, the extra removable memory option would still be highly desired feature on these systems.

Please consider changing the design of future units to included on-board SD card interface and thanks for almost getting it perfect with the current offerings.
Robert.
HW: easyPIC5|PICFlash2|easyBT|smartGSM|easyGSM|PICPLC16|mmWorkStation|FT800 Eve|PIC Clicker/2|
MMBs:PIC18F,PIC33EP,PIC32|CLICKs:DAC,ADC,GPS L10,Thermo,8x8B LED,Stepper,W/B OLED,9DOF,GPS3,tRF,Hall I|

SW: mP for PIC|mB for PIC-dsPIC-PIC32|Visual-TFT|

nemanja.nikolic

Re: Add a SD memory card slot to Clicker2 type brds?

#2 Post by nemanja.nikolic » 20 Jan 2015 13:39

Hello,

Thanks for suggestion.
Your idea is transfered to our hardware department.

Nemanja.

Best regards.

Return to “Development Boards Wishlist”