All PIC24FJ

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroC for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24.
Author

All PIC24FJ

#1 Post by Ramucho25 » 15 Feb 2009 16:03

Hello,

I'm currently working on PIC24FJ256 project but I am very disappointed to see that MikroC doesn't support them yet. Do you plan to update MikroC soon ? Can't you use libraries for each PIC ? So, we can only update the libraries when new chips are released instead of releasing a new version of MikroC (except for new features of course)?
Regards

goran.marinkovic
mikroElektronika team

#2 Post by goran.marinkovic » 17 Feb 2009 17:44

Hi,

I am sorry that you are not pleased with it.
I will inform our Software Developers about your wish, and they'll take it into consideration.
It should be supported in coming releases.
Unfortunately I can not tell you exact date for new update.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards

Ramucho25

#3 Post by Ramucho25 » 18 Feb 2009 08:54

Hello,

I don't say I'm not pleased, I just want to say that it would be nice that MikroC is being updated more frequently when new chips are released :) MikroC is a good product with many user friendly functions but it should support most of the new chips as soon as possible everytime new chips are released. It's not really a problem for hobbyists but for professionnals it does. I appreciate MikroC and I really don't want to change for another compiler but if there are so few updates in the future I'll have to do change for Microchip C30 or Hi-Tech because they're up to date. So please, support your product better than you are doing it :) 8)

goran.marinkovic
mikroElektronika team

#4 Post by goran.marinkovic » 20 Feb 2009 16:07

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion.
We will give a best to provide you with an updated version of the compiler,
as frequently as possible.

Thank you for the kind words about the compiler,
this means much to us.

Regards

mem04

#5 Post by mem04 » 04 Mar 2009 13:11

I can only agree with the post above, the University I work at are looking at new complier instead of Microchips C30 for the research and education with embedded systems and due to the few updates we may forced to ciontinue with microchips more expensive development tools.
The research group that I am involved in are currently using MicroC for dcPic with our dsPIC33 but we have to change to the dsPIC24FJ256GB106 due to hardware requirement, and if MikroC isn't updated soon we will have to migrate to other platforms along with the the education platforms.

This is most unfortunate since the ICD debugger is excellent and all our code for the platform is already written for MikroC. Hopefully there is an update around the corner.

Martin

mihaj

#6 Post by mihaj » 13 Nov 2009 18:25

Hi,
I'm moving to PIC24FJ256GB110 now and would love stay with MikroC tools. Is this chip supported yet? It looks like it is being in the works for a while.

Best regards,
Mike

anikolic
mikroElektronika team

#7 Post by anikolic » 16 Nov 2009 16:47

Hi Bob,
mikroC PRO for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24 is in it's final stages of development and we are expecting to launch beta version for testing soon. The chip you are referring to is going to be supported by this compiler. But I cannot tell you when the official release of this compiler is going to be published, but it should be somewhere in December.

Best regards,
Aleksandar
Web Department Manager

Return to “mikroC for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24 Wish List”