LCD Trouble

General discussion on mikroC for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24.
Author

LCD Trouble

#1 Post by dnorric » 23 Nov 2009 05:10

I bought a easydspic4 a year or so ago. Upon arival the lcd would not display characters. I thought ok there is the possibility that i inserted it incorrectly the first time and so buggered it. I recently ordered another lcd for it and still i cannot display anything. I have been through all the connections with a meter and there are no shorts. Its driving me crazy
With my order i also got a glcd and it works partially that is the odd rows work and the even do not.
I would really appreciate some help it is driving me crazy. I just spent 300 on buying some bits for it and still wont work
Cheers
Damian Corrin

nikola.kostic
mikroElektronika team

#2 Post by nikola.kostic » 23 Nov 2009 16:11

Try increasing LCD contrast.

If this doesn't help, please create a support ticket and attach picture of your board connected and turned on (using MCU programmed with LCD example) and we will inspect it further.

Regarding GLCD problem, you can also attach in the same ticket picture of your board (as for LCD), this time using MCU programmed with GLCD example and of course GLCD on board.

You can create support ticket here (pictures should be archived in zip or rar format):
http://www.mikroe.com/en/support/

Return to “mikroC for dsPIC30/33 and PIC24 General”