[mC 8051 v 1] vertical scrolling

Discuss about beta versions of mikroC compiler.
Author

[mC 8051 v 1] vertical scrolling

#1 Post by janni » 18 Mar 2008 18:55

Something's wrong with vertical scrolling. While the edited file gets bigger, delay in response to scrolling gets longer - up to several seconds :!: (especially visible in .lst file).

Well, it's not just scrolling, everything goes slow and processor use skyrocketes :( . It still depends on the size of currently opened file in editor window.

zristic
mikroElektronika team

Re: [mC 8051 v 1] vertical scrolling

#2 Post by zristic » 18 Mar 2008 20:32

I appreciate your effort to be a beta tester, but it is really annoying that you reply problems only after the release is out. Are you release tester or beta tester?

janni

#3 Post by janni » 19 Mar 2008 00:13

Yeah, right, it's my fault that the compiler has bugs. Kindly turn your frustration elsewhere.

Unless beta testers are required to forsee what bugs you may introduce between beta and final version, you owe me an apology. On second thought, no, you owe me an apology, anyway.

Let me recall my letter to you from over a year ago:

"Don't you think it's time to start to check beta versions in more organized way? If you do not want to have them published in 'Beta test' forums, then send them regularly to beta-testers, after every minor change you guys make. We, the beta-testers, may then communicate with you and ourselves on the forum.

Otherwise we are going to be surprised every time a new version shows up ..."

Just like now... and before...

yo2lio

#4 Post by yo2lio » 19 Mar 2008 07:01

I opened a BIG file (2Mb, 70000 lines) with 0.98 Beta and V1.0

In Beta version, everything it's OK, in new release version, vertical scrolling slow down after aprox. first 5000 lines.
Best regards, Florin Andrei Medrea.

http://www.microelemente.ro/
http://www.microelemente.ro/produse-si-servicii/
http://www.microelemente.ro/custom-software/

mail : florin@microelemente.ro

zristic
mikroElektronika team

#5 Post by zristic » 19 Mar 2008 09:47

We will fix it, the problem is detected.

Janni, I do not feel I need to apologize to you. I am simply unhappy with your beta testing work and I turned your attention to it.

Also, I wonder why you are so negative about mE team in general, your remarks are not really representing an educated person, they are rather insultive and rude.

Nobody here is frustrated, but many are unhappy with your work. If you do not want to accept that, please do not insult others, but deal with it.

Moreover, if you do not accept critics, you should let us know and then we will treat you in that way.

Finally, we are not perfect here and that is why we seek your help. The main idea is that we ask you to help us and you do so, but if we are not happy with your work we will tell you that. But going into analysis of one's psychological state is rather insultive and not really appreciated on this forum, not even for beta testers.

I will lock this topic, because I have no time to argue further. Also, it is not a good example that we give to others. We can continue on private messages or email if you insist, but I discourage you to do so.

Return to “mikroC Beta testing”