mikroC for 8051 0.98 beta

Discuss about beta versions of mikroC compiler.
Author

#16 Post by janni » 07 Feb 2008 15:56

zristic wrote:Also, those who need the license key, feel free to request it, it is free of charge for you!
That's good news. I couldn't check whether the compiler is realy that quick with bigger code :wink: .
Finally, the Library Manager is made with another idea, which is a future surprise to users.
You don't realise how much anxiety you've caused by this remark :shock: :shock: :shock: .

Charlie

#17 Post by Charlie » 08 Feb 2008 01:37

Hi Zristic,

I really like the look of this compiler. Lots of bells and whistles. Looks similar to Visual studio. I can't wait for Mikro basic and Mikro C to look like this! Thanks for all the great work.
Regards Charlie M.

Charlie

#18 Post by Charlie » 08 Feb 2008 01:48

OK Something I noticed is that the compiler is for the 8051 but the examples are for pics. 16f877a,18f452. Must be a typo.
/*
* Project name:
Button_Test
* Copyright:
(c) Mikroelektronika, 2005.
* Description:
This code demonstrates how to use Button library. Program toggles LEDs
on PORTB, upon applying high voltage level on PORTB's RB1 pin.
* Test configuration:
MCU: PIC16F877A <<<<<<<<<<<
Dev.Board: EasyPic4
Oscillator: HS, 08.0000 MHz
Ext. Modules: -
SW: mikroC v6.0
* NOTES:
- In order to work properly, in this example, ports B and D must have pull down
resistors, also jumper jp20 on EasyPic4 board has to be in VCC position (that is,
the voltage level to be applied when a butto
Regards Charlie M.

Charlie

#19 Post by Charlie » 08 Feb 2008 01:52

SOmething I noticed is that in the code explorer there is a handle to resize the window right above "project settings",but is won't resize.
Regards Charlie M.

Charlie

#20 Post by Charlie » 08 Feb 2008 01:54

And ..... The library manager you can resize it,but there are more libraries that you can't get to because of a lack of room. it needs a vertical scroll bar. I noticed that it has a horizontal scroll bar.( at least on my monitor)
Regards Charlie M.

janni

#21 Post by janni » 08 Feb 2008 02:41

Got the licence :D, loaded bigger code and guess what - the simulation is as fast as compilation :D :D :D .

Oh, it slowed down after 'run to cursor' was used (which does not seem to work correctly, BTW). After closing and running the IDE again, the high speed is back.

ADDED

No, it's not 'run to cursor' that causes the slow-down - it's running to breakpoint (also not working properly).

Bob Lawrence

adding an image to project?

#22 Post by Bob Lawrence » 08 Feb 2008 07:16

Has anyone tried to add an image to project?
Yes I added a JPEG schematic and it worked great 8)

picdog

#23 Post by picdog » 25 Feb 2008 19:44

Hello,
I was "out" for a couple of days for ending a complex project but I just now downloaded and installed the compiler. It is amazing fast!! Great job!! I will try some code in the next hours. As far as I understand, the engine is only for 8051 at the moment? It is very very fast. This will be particularly important for big project on PIC18 / dsPIC when you will upgrade the compiler engine.
Best regards!
picdog
... a proud user of MikroElektronica EasyPic3, EasyPic4, BigPic4, MikroC for PIC, EasydsPIC2, dsPIC-Pro2, LV24-33 and MikroC for dsPIC :)

picmicroman

#24 Post by picmicroman » 29 Feb 2008 23:51

Nice IDE, but not real professional programming techniques/way components used. The IDE seems to shows it self while/before reading those nested panels docking info from the ini files, which is not good when it first shows those panels spanning the whole screen, then show correctly after applying values read from ini files to the IDE nested panels.

Flickering is as bad as CCS IDE, seems mE and CCS are both committing the same mistake, mE has not even learnt from CCS mistakes. When changing docking of panels. Hide the panels and hover the cursor on the small panel's label to show it again, the whole IDE drawing is updated, resulting in bad flickering behaviour. There are some tchniques to avoid this thing, sure if you use one of them, this problem will be solved.

The IDE it self is nice and users will like it so much. Creating console compilers is a great idea, makes compiling faster and ends bug reports regarding that small compile window that never received windows updates when the old IDE was minimized during compilation.

Rgards
[b][color=Blue]Pic[/color][color=Red]Micro[/color][color=Green]Man[/color][/b]

Return to “mikroC Beta testing”