[PIC mikroC v.7.0.0.0 BETA] Problems+comments

Discuss about beta versions of mikroC compiler.
Author

[PIC mikroC v.7.0.0.0 BETA] Problems+comments

#1 Post by amrbekhit » 01 Aug 2007 14:24

Hello,

Just a few points to make, so far:

-Program + build is a good addition: the tooltip for the icon is missing.

-Enabling the ICD disables the Program and Build+Program buttons, but disabling the ICD does not reenable the build+program button.

-The tooltips you get that show you function paramters do not always work. I created a new project, and the tooltips worked then, but then after I'd programmed the PIC the tooltips stop working - all I get is a small yellow box. Restarting mikroC or subsequently creating a new project doesn't seem to remedy the problem.

-The dissasembler is good in that now the ICD doesn't crash. However, I couldn't see a way to step out of the disassembly window and back into the C code.

--Amr

rajkovic
mikroElektronika team

Re: [PIC mikroC v.7.0.0.0 BETA] Problems+comments

#2 Post by rajkovic » 02 Aug 2007 17:26

amrbekhit wrote:Hello,

Just a few points to make, so far:

-Program + build is a good addition: the tooltip for the icon is missing.
fixed
-Enabling the ICD disables the Program and Build+Program buttons, but disabling the ICD does not reenable the build+program button.
fixed
-The tooltips you get that show you function paramters do not always work. I created a new project, and the tooltips worked then, but then after I'd programmed the PIC the tooltips stop working - all I get is a small yellow box. Restarting mikroC or subsequently creating a new project doesn't seem to remedy the problem.
please send us a project that have this behaviour
-The dissasembler is good in that now the ICD doesn't crash. However, I couldn't see a way to step out of the disassembly window and back into the C code.
--Amr
put breakpoint on some C line
run debugger by F6.
when it stops just revert to C code by ctrl+alt+d.
This should get you out of disassembly from library functions.

Thanks for bug report, it is a lot easier to fix errors when you are aware of their existence . :wink:

amrbekhit

#3 Post by amrbekhit » 02 Aug 2007 22:09

Thanks for bug report, it is a lot easier to fix errors when you are aware of their existence.
Glad I could help!

Here's another one:

If you have a project with errors in it, and then click the Build+Program button, the compiler shows the errors in the message window, but then the programming window pops up and attempts to program SOMETHING (I dunno what) into the PIC. Obviously, if the compiler encounters errors, it shouldn't move onto the programming stage.

--Amr

Return to “mikroC Beta testing”