A problem compiling multiple files

Discuss about beta versions of mikroC compiler.
Author

A problem compiling multiple files

#1 Post by CGEngineering » 09 Jul 2007 17:31

Hi,

today i discovered a strange problem. I have a project that is composed of four files: a main and three little libraries. If i compile selecting the file where is the main, all is ok, but if i try compiling selecting any other file, the compiler returns something like this :
    Internal Error
Nothing worrying...but it's not so good to see :)

Bye
CG

zristic
mikroElektronika team

Re: A problem compiling multiple files

#2 Post by zristic » 10 Jul 2007 07:05

It would help if you send us the code which reproduces the error.
Thanks.

CGEngineering

Re: A problem compiling multiple files

#3 Post by CGEngineering » 10 Jul 2007 08:54

zristic wrote:It would help if you send us the code which reproduces the error.
Thanks.
Yes, why not.... but it's a very large code, and i can't send it to you due to firm policy...
Today, if i got some time, i will make a new project and try to compile multiple files. If the problem will come again, i will help you sending some code

Bye
CG

picdog

#4 Post by picdog » 22 Jul 2007 23:01

Hello,
I have a similar problem with some projects - it is not related to one specific.
It mostly happens when I am using more source and header files.
It is in this way:
*) I write a lot of code;
*) I compile and correct some bugs;
*) then the compiler doesn't compile the project anymore and says strange things like errors with parenthesys, missing structures, return problems on code ... lot of different cases; but most times there are a lot of lines "Internal error", and all mostly point to the same line of code.
*) then I exit, restart the compiler, and all is fine, it compiles and links all, building correctly the hex file.
So there is no utility to send the project, as the error doesn't replicate at startup; by the way next time I will do some snapshots.
Sometimes (but rarely) this appears also on mikroC with PIC, but only with very big programs (e.g. > 50k on a 18F4620).

HTH,
best regards, picdog
... a proud user of MikroElektronica EasyPic3, EasyPic4, BigPic4, MikroC for PIC, EasydsPIC2, dsPIC-Pro2, LV24-33 and MikroC for dsPIC :)

Return to “mikroC Beta testing”