Quick converter / Messages window

Discuss about beta versions of mikroBasic
compiler.
Author

Quick converter / Messages window

#1 Post by Kalain » 11 Mar 2006 18:55

Hi,

MB 4.0.0.4

I don't know if it is done intentionnaly but Message window and Quick convertor window can't be anymore grouped in the same window. There are displayed in 2 separated and distincts windows!!!
This is from my point of view less convenient and take much more space on the screen.

Here is a screen copy to illustrate message : Mb 4.0.0.4

In previous versions (4.0.0.3 or 2.2.0.0) Message and Quick convertor was displayed in one window with a selectable tab.

Alain

bruno

#2 Post by bruno » 11 Mar 2006 19:23

Hi,

True, I also managed to split them and was unable to go back.

I think panel management is too flexible : I put the mess in the main window, inserting accidentally the watch window into it:

at very first launch after downloading, watch window was half outside the screeen, and quick help scroll bar down arrow was hidden (panel too big to fit in container)

Bruno

zristic
mikroElektronika team

#3 Post by zristic » 11 Mar 2006 21:02

Sorry guys, I included my settings.ini in the beta setup. I use rather large resolution on my PC and it is why the windows go out of screen at first startup. This is not going to happen to the release, since ini files are going to be created for a low resolution machine.

How to dock convertor with messages and to get two tabs:
1. Undock Messages window
2. Undock Convertor window
3. Drag Convertor window into the center of Messages window.
4. Dock back Messages window.

It is confusing at the beginning, but I think users will get used to docking very quickly.

Return to “mikroBasic Beta testing”