My Print & Co Wish List

Post your requests and ideas on the future development of mikroBasic for AVR.
Author

My Print & Co Wish List

#1 Post by channelwood » 10 Sep 2006 04:59

I miss the following mikroBASIC instructions :

PRINT - sends strings and/or variable values to output device
INPUT - reads strings or values like a little Editfield from input device (blocking)
PUT - sends one character
GET - receives one character (non blocking)

PRINT works with semicolon (;), comma (,), TAB and USING to print several values and strings, and to format them.

PRINT and INPUT are very useful instructions to simple and quickly communicate with your program for service, calibration, monitoring, runtime error messages(!) etc, and debugging even in a embedded environment.

The library instruction "USART1_Write_Text()" cannot replace the powerful PRINT statement.

PRINT and PRINT1 should printout to HW-USART1
PRINT2 should printout to HW-USART2
PRINTn should printout to SW-USART or is redirected to user defined input/output ports

Perhaps you should use OPEN COM … to specifiy the serial data format and if available, the buffer size.

BAUDn would be very practically to adjust the baud rate.

("Usart1_Init" is not a lucky name to change the baud rate and the name "Usart1_Init_Advanced" says nothing about the data format.)

-

(poor english by me and Google™)
Last edited by channelwood on 17 Sep 2006 21:35, edited 1 time in total.

LGR

#2 Post by LGR » 10 Sep 2006 15:28

You're not the first one to suggest these things. I did over a year ago. I call it the "grand unified file I/O system". You should be able to do this with LCD, GLCD, CF/MMC/SD, and UART using the exact same syntax.
If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything.

mbruck

Slooooow

#3 Post by mbruck » 01 Nov 2006 14:50

We will wait for I beleive forever for our wishes to come alive....

They are very sloooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

I am waiting for UNI-DS system since it is represented it on web page (more than 1.5 or even 2 year). Last time I called them (Jun or July), I got promise for two months for shure. But I forgat to ask what year?..

Return to “mikroBasic for AVR Wish List”