Drivers for MikroProg

Please check the frequently asked questions before posting to the forum.
Author

Drivers for MikroProg

#1 Post by zipwize » 01 Feb 2012 02:51

I have a Windows 7 64 bit operating system. I followed the Driver download directions and successfully installed the Driver. But when I plug in the MikroProg the Power LED and the Link LED do not come on. When I attach the ribbon cable to my target system and power it, then the Power LED comes on. I suspect that I have the wrong USB driver being used instead of the correct one. In the Mikroe Suite the MikroProg does not appear on the USB list. I used the USB18PRG-Vista_x64.EXE driver. I had to run it as administrator. This driver appears to be for Vista and not Windows 7. How can i get this to work?

filip
mikroElektronika team

Re: Drivers for MikroProg

#2 Post by filip » 01 Feb 2012 09:30

Hi,

All of our products are supported by Windows 7.
The only thing that needs to be set is UAC (User Accounts Control) which prevents writing to config files. Just turn off UAC and it should work just fine.

To turn off UAC, follow the path in your Windows 7 (logged in as Administrator):
Control Panel -> User Accounts and Family Safety -> User Accounts -> Change User Account Control settings and move the slider down to Never notify and click OK.

Restart computer and it should work now.

Regards,
Filip.

zipwize

Re: Drivers for MikroProg

#3 Post by zipwize » 03 Feb 2012 02:25

I have it working now.

I found out that I did not have the microUSB plugged in fully into the MikroProg ICD. I pushed it in until it felt like a hard stop. But I did not push hard enough. As soon as I finished the insert, the USB driver install message appeared. It worked fine after that.

Thanks for your help.

Return to “mikroPascal FAQ”