May, 2007 since last release.

General discussion on mikroBasic for AVR.
Author

#1 Post by stevech » 25 Feb 2008 19:58

What is the prognosis for supporting this product?

blaise

#2 Post by blaise » 28 Feb 2008 05:39

mE have great PIC compilers, but contradiction for AVR.
I bought the AVRcompiler close two year ago, unsatisfy to me.
I think mE frustrated to build good AVR compiler !
Everytime you post in this forum, no good answer from mE.
mE doesn't care with us as user that ready to help via this forum.
A lot of device not supported ! Lots of bugs! From simple ADC,Usart and etc ...not working.
mE is not seriuos to make the compiler better and better..

Very dissapointed. I hope mE wake up and work!

How about you as users ?

JohannesH

#3 Post by JohannesH » 28 Feb 2008 09:03

Hi,

that is exactly what I see and think on this subject.
mE seems to not seriously take care of customers of AVR compiler products. I am waiting if they are willing to bring out a new release with a lot of bug fixes but currently there is only silence from mE.

It already would help a lot if mE would make a clear statement about the plans with AVR compiler products (e.g. bug fix release till mm.yyyy, or clearly say "no more support for AVR compilers"). But the current situation is only frustrating for us customers.

Regards from Austria/Europe
Johannes

zristic
mikroElektronika team

#4 Post by zristic » 28 Feb 2008 11:56

We have formed a new team for AVR compilers. Therefore, it is to expect a major revision for all AVR compilers in the incoming months. We have already made some progress in this context and I encourage you to continue reporting problems as it will help solving them.

At the moment I do not have any dates for the release, but you can expect a very stable release once we make it.

Thanks for your patience and time and sorry for delays.

JohannesH

#5 Post by JohannesH » 28 Feb 2008 18:33

Zristic,

thank you for this comment.
OK - I will wait for the next major release!

Regards
JohannesH

zuran

#6 Post by zuran » 04 Mar 2008 07:56

I am glad to hear that,

I am full hope now...

The board is great !!, but the compiler gets frustrating, especially for larger projects.

mbruck

?????

#7 Post by mbruck » 15 Jun 2008 18:09

ZRistic,

I still don't believe a single word you promise above.... Try to count
how many times you promise to fix the bugs and how many times MikroElektronika team promise "new" MikroPaskal verstion clear of bugs..., and how many times you said "We are working on that..."

Shame on you MikroPaskal team. MikroPaskal is the worst AVR Pascal compliler user can buy on internet.

Shame on you still asking money for this compiler!!!

blaise, JohannesH and all other users bought Mikro_not_working_Paskal : I'm really impressed on your's patience.

I hope this will REALY pick MikroPaskal to DO somethings instead of bla-bla-bla only.

Otherwise, delete this obviously BAD product and return money to customers!

Charlie

#8 Post by Charlie » 15 Jun 2008 18:54

mbruck,

I understand your frustrations.Why don't you learn assembly.Then you won't have any problems.
Regards Charlie M.

zristic
mikroElektronika team

Re: ?????

#9 Post by zristic » 16 Jun 2008 08:36

Hello mbruck,

You are right and wrong.

Firstly, you are right for not being happy with the quality of AVR compilers. We are aware of the fact, but as I said earlier, we are finishing the repairs and this summer a brand new AVR compilers versions will be available.

Secondly, you are wrong because you are not considering the fact that you have a free download for the demo version, which covers 80% of the chips supported. It is enough for any user to decide whether he will buy it or not. Therefore, it is not correct that you claim that we just want to take customer's money.

I assure you that the incoming version will be in the quality line with PIC compilers, if not even better. All we need is a little of patience from your side.

Thank you for understanding.
Zoran Ristic.

stevech

#10 Post by stevech » 07 Jul 2008 17:32

mE should stop advertising this too-buggy unsupported product until they have a viable product.

An alternative, excellent BASIC compiler is the Native Mode version of Zbasic.net. (I have no financial connection with that company). Note also that BASCOM for AVR is not a structured BASIC; very awkward.

nelson_mendes

#11 Post by nelson_mendes » 09 Jul 2008 21:43

I'm just waiting to get my hands on a mikroC compiler for AVR...

I hope it gets the same level of development as the one for 8-bit PIC.

This summer they say... I'll see...

woodfold

#12 Post by woodfold » 05 Aug 2008 21:17

Charlie wrote:mbruck,
I understand your frustrations.Why don't you learn assembly.Then you won't have any problems.
Hey, that's a great idea. I didn't know learning assembly would automatically make my programs error free. I'll get right on it. :)

Return to “mikroBasic for AVR General”