mikroProg Suite For PIC not working in Necto 1.7.0

Beta Testing discussion on mikroC AI for PIC32.
Author

mikroProg Suite For PIC not working in Necto 1.7.0

#1 Post by Levi » 18 Jul 2021 18:36

Hi ,
I just migrate an old project from MikroC Pro for pic32 to Necto Studio 1.7.0 .The hex file is generated after project build, but unfortunately there is no way to programm the target device with mikroProg for Pic .The Programming alert box in the IDE is showing in the top , progress bar is endlessly running .... (nu timeout)
In the 3.Programmer Output window the message "Programing..." is showing but the programmer is not invoked.
I made another test , under the Programmer menu there is also an "Erase MCU" ,this function is calling the mikroProg programmer and everything is working as is expected.

Thanks ,
Levi

filip
mikroElektronika team

Re: mikroProg Suite For PIC not working in Necto 1.7.0

#2 Post by filip » 21 Jul 2021 08:51

Hi,

Have you set the path to mikroProg correctly ?

Please take a look at the following chapter in NECTO Studio help that explains how to setup the mikroProg :
https://help.mikroe.com/index.htm?context=940

Regards,
Filip

Levi

#3 Post by Levi » 21 Jul 2021 14:27

Hi Fillip ,
Sorry ,I found out that the antivirus software is "killing" the access of Necto Studio to the mikroprog command line , so there no programming was possible.
After the settings of antivirus policies, now I can program the target device , but sometimes the IDE is crashing before to start to program the device and , again ,checked the messages from antivirus and I found in antimalware quarantine the message "NectoStudio/crashpad/settings.dat" .
I have BitDefender antivirus installed on my laptop.

Thanks,
Levi

filip
mikroElektronika team

#4 Post by filip » 23 Jul 2021 09:48

Hi,

Thanks for the detailed information, we will check this.

As for the workaround, is ti possible that you instruct BitDefender to omit this file from checking ?

Regards,
Filip.

Return to “mikroC AI for PIC32 Beta Testing”