NECTO not working with MIKROMEDIA 5 for PIC32MZ

Fully featured ARM compilers available on Windows, Linux, and macOS.
Author

NECTO not working with MIKROMEDIA 5 for PIC32MZ

#1 Post by drthth » 19 Oct 2023 03:34

Hi all,

one year ago I bought two of the MikroMedia5 board for PIC32MZ and the CodeGrip for PIC. If I power on the board the demo prog "MikroeColor Selector" is starting and the board seems to work. If I load a small program written by my daughter using her own Microchip library and some framework from the internet it will work too. But if I start a new project in NECTO 3.0.0 and I make a very simple program (just "hello world" on the main screen) I can compile and download without any issue but nothing happen. No screen appears, just nothing.

I changed to a MikroMedia5 board for STM32F4 with the CodeGrip for ARM and I have no problem at all, I can program and use the board as planned.

Now I updated to the NECTO 5.0.1 version and tried again but still the same behaviour.

What is wrong? What is the switch I have to use? What is the setting I make wrong? I can not imagine that no one tried to use this combination of NECTO with the MikroMedia5 board before me. At least some demo program should be available. From the original demo program unfortunately I found not the source code. I have only the memory copy and if I write back this copy the board is working again. Therefore the communication from the PC through the CodeGrip may not be the problem.

If anyone can help me I would be very happy because I can use the two boards I still have. I attach my program version here.

Best regards
Thomas
Attachments
Test_PIC32_Display.zip
Complete subdirectory as created by NECTO 5.0.1
(3.59 MiB) Downloaded 29 times

filip
mikroElektronika team

Re: NECTO not working with MIKROMEDIA 5 for PIC32MZ

#2 Post by filip » 20 Oct 2023 13:25

Hi,

Can you please tell me which Mikromedia 5 board are you using ?
There are three variations - Mikromedia 5 Capacitive, Mikromedia 5 Capacitive FPI with bezel and Mikromedia 5 Capacitive FPI with frame ?

Regards,
Filip.

drthth

Re: NECTO not working with MIKROMEDIA 5 for PIC32MZ

#3 Post by drthth » 01 Nov 2023 04:31

Hi Filip,

I'm using the one with bezel.

Thank you and best regards
Thomas

Return to “PIC32 AI Compilers”