How to make setups for PIC16 microcontrollers?

Fully featured PIC compilers available on Windows, Linux, and macOS.
Author

How to make setups for PIC16 microcontrollers?

#1 Post by samimaisniemi » 08 May 2022 22:59

I have been testing Necto quite a lot recently, because I have considered to move to Necto and mikroSDK in this summer.

However, I am a little bit lost, because I cannot create setups for PCI16 microcontrollers. According to Necto's list of supported microcontrollers, Necto should support several PIC16 family microcontrollers. However, when I try to create a setup and type "PIC16" to the search field, the IDE does not find any options. I have also noticed that some PIC18 microcontrollers are missing. For example, I cannot create setups for PIC18(L)F14K22 microcontroller, because the IDE does not find it.

Either Necto's list of supported microcontroller is incorrect or it is not possible to create setups for all of them. Could you clarify this situation, please? I cannot move to Necto unless I know what is actually supported and how.

hexreader

Re: How to make setups for PIC16 microcontrollers?

#2 Post by hexreader » 08 May 2022 23:13

Select legacy project and choose a "generic PIC board" and PIC16 options will become selectable.

EDIT: Selecting EasyPIC v7, 7a or 8 allows PIC16 selection too - do not select PRO boards.

SDK does not currently seem to support PIC16 - use legacy only

Roadmap lists PIC18 support for SDK version 2.0
https://docs.mikroe.com/mikrosdk/user-m ... l/roadmap/
Start every day with a smile...... (get it over with) :)

Return to “PIC AI compilers”