Necto 1.1 update issues

Fully featured PIC compilers available on Windows, Linux, and macOS.
Author

Necto 1.1 update issues

#1 Post by Cobalt » 12 Jul 2020 23:00

The legacy libraries for Necto feel like they are now broken. Their location have been moved and integrated with the SDK. Their help files to know what functions are available moved as well, however I was able to locate them on my hard drive.
The old documentation was located in /.Mikroe/NectoStudio/libs/mikroC legacy PIC/Help/doc, and now it is in /.Mikroe/NectoStudio/mikrosdk/v7.6.0/mikroC PRO for PIC Libraries/Help/doc/
The problem is that all of the *.htm files that explain the library functions are copies of the ARM libraries, not the PIC libraries. Is there another help file / documentation that I'm overlooking, or was this simply an error with the release?

Also, the Necto website states that the MikroProg for PIC is now supported under the 1.1 update. However, I cannot figure out how to connect and use it under Necto. The Necto studio only has options for CodeGrip. Any help?

filip.grujcic

Re: Necto 1.1 update issues

#2 Post by filip.grujcic » 13 Jul 2020 11:19

Hello,

You are right about the Help file for PIC legacy libraries, ARM one was included there instead of PIC by accident.
For now you can access the PIC legacy help on the following link:
https://help.mikroe.com/legacy/pic/
I will report this to our developers, so they can address this issue as soon as possible.

Regarding setting up the mikroProg for PIC in NECTO, here are the steps:
1) Update mikroProg Suite for PIC to v2.9.0 to obtain the gdb server executable
2) Create a new profile in NECTO which uses PIC legacy libraries v7.6.0 and select mikroProg for PIC instead of CODEGRIP as your programmer
3) Configure the paths to mikroProg Suite and gdb server executables in Settings > Programmer & Debugger > mikroProg for PIC.
4) Remember to set MCU configuration bits correctly in Edit Project > MCU Settings.

You should be able to program and debug using mikroProg for PIC from NECTO now.

Regards,
Filip Grujcic

Cobalt

Re: Necto 1.1 update issues

#3 Post by Cobalt » 13 Jul 2020 11:39

Thank you for the quick reply filip!
Your answers have cleared everything up for now.
Cheers!

Return to “PIC AI compilers”