No output files

General discussion on mikroPascal for AVR.
Author

No output files

#1 Post by sadavis80 » 16 Nov 2008 03:21

I just (again) downloaded the latest version - should be 4.02, but 'about' says it is 4.0.0.2) and have compiled the simplest (and ONLY) example program for the BigAVR ATMega1280 - Led_ blinking.apas.

It compiles OK (seems to) and I have a small window that pops up and shows compilation status and SAYS it's 'generating' the various files. I've tried everything I can think of - the files are not getting put someplace else either -- they just AREN'T THERE.

Anybody got any thoughts about this?? I do "own" the program and have ability to get a license, but I haven't yet decided which computer I want to put it on, so am holding off and experimenting a bit with the 'freebie' version.

I'm brand new to AVR and Mikro Pascal, but quite old to Delphi/Pascal and micro's in general (20 years in this business).
tia,
Steve
I also can't get AVRFlash to program the target .. but that's another thread :-(.

pykedgew

#2 Post by pykedgew » 16 Nov 2008 12:15

Hi
ATMega1280 - Led_ blinking.apas
Compiled it with no problem

0:0 W-101 Used ROM: 152 words (0%) Used RAM (global vars): 0 bytes (0%)

My version is Version: 4.0.0.2

No drama here

Ken

sadavis80

No output files - solved

#3 Post by sadavis80 » 16 Nov 2008 14:55

Yes - I compiled with no problem too - got the same 'success' messages. However, it generated NO output files - nothing that could be loaded by AVRFlash and transferred to the target. I finally figured out that mP was loading the apas file ONLY and not the project file. When I figured that out, I closed the apas file, loaded the PROJECT file (which reloaded the apas file - the screens look IDENTICAL - nothing anywhere that I can see that shows different) and it worked properly. I have yet to figure out what's IN that project file, but I'll get to that today I hope.

Steve

pykedgew

#4 Post by pykedgew » 16 Nov 2008 23:57

Hi

It is standard practice that you start with either new Project or load in past working Project.

In the same folder as the Led_ blinking.apas you should see "Led_ blinking.hex" after it is compiled
which is the Intel Hex File need for programming the chip.
So, nothing fancy happening here.
My problem is I do not have an "AVRprog2" to test it out for you.
Donation, I be happy for one any day. :wink:

Ken

Return to “mikroPascal for AVR General”