Questions about MikroPascal for AVR (4.02)

General discussion on mikroPascal for AVR.
Author

Questions about MikroPascal for AVR (4.02)

#1 Post by ALIBE » 19 Oct 2008 18:30

mE folks
I am at a point where I will explode into cosmic piss from all the wierd behavior from the compiler/IDE.

I purchased the BigAVR2 w/ a few expensive accesories from your online store. Soon after I got the package I started to write a simple app and ran into issues right-off-the-bat.

one of them - I hope I am wrong and "it's just me" here:
1. The simplest lcd_test app (in the samples_ does not seem to work. The LCD lights up, the brightness works. But, the output from the app does not seem to show in the LCD.

2. The GLCD sample app is equally messed up. No output.

3. When I write an app and select "Build and Program", the Flash programmer launches, does its thing. But, the board still seems to be running the previous program. like as if the new app was never programmed into the flash.

ALL THESE AND MORE AND MORE FRUSTRATIONS.

CAN SOMEONE IN THE 'mE team' TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY AND REPLY BACK W/ A SOLUTION. :evil:

Dany

#2 Post by Dany » 19 Oct 2008 19:40

Kind regards, Dany.
Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in... (L. Cohen)
Remember when we were young? We shone like the sun. (David Gilmour)

marko.ziv
mikroElektronika team

#3 Post by marko.ziv » 20 Oct 2008 13:34

Hi,

please visit our Support Desk at http://www.mikroe.com/en/support/.
I am sure our Technical Support people will guide you to the solution to your problems much faster then via forum replies.

I know when things don't work as expected there is frustration but in vast majority of the cases it is a simple oversight and fast solution.
So go to our Support Desk and fill the Interaction Ticket thoroughly to get better support.

Best Regards

ALIBE

#4 Post by ALIBE » 20 Oct 2008 13:37

not sure I follow. "be careful" w/ what dude? Raising my concern abt how my $250+ is kinda wasted and mute??

I looked at the link you sent, i tried the recommendations in there - not helping really. One of the recommendations mentions that having both the LCD and GLCD will cause issues. I tried removing the GLCD and tried again. Still the same issue.

Also, that does not still explain #3 issue I described in my post here.

I hope you understand my frustration and appreciate recommendations to help resolve the matter. Please dont undermine concerns by trying to dumb it down by saying, "be careful". Those comments are not solving my problem.

thank you

Dany

#5 Post by Dany » 20 Oct 2008 15:58

ALIBE wrote:not sure I follow. "be careful" w/ what dude? Raising my concern abt how my $250+ is kinda wasted and mute??
Surely not. It was only a link to a post showing what happens if you use a thread title such as the one you use. The problem discussed there is obviously not the same as the ones you are facing.
ALIBE wrote:I looked at the link you sent, i tried the recommendations in there - not helping really. One of the recommendations mentions that having both the LCD and GLCD will cause issues. I tried removing the GLCD and tried again. Still the same issue. Also, that does not still explain #3 issue I described in my post here.
See above, the problem discussed there is not the same as the ones you are facing.
ALIBE wrote:I hope you understand my frustration and appreciate recommendations to help resolve the matter. Please dont undermine concerns by trying to dumb it down by saying, "be careful". Those comments are not solving my problem.
Yes I understand, and no, such comments are not solving your problem. Since I do not own the board you have I can not really help with the solution. I should have given no reply whatsoever, I am sorry :oops: . I hope you will get a fast solution from the mikroElektronika team! :D
Kind regards, Dany.
Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in... (L. Cohen)

ALIBE

#6 Post by ALIBE » 20 Oct 2008 21:45

I created a new ticket at the support site mentioned below. We'll see what comes out of that effort.

Thank you

marko.medic
mikroElektronika team

#7 Post by marko.medic » 21 Oct 2008 13:52

Hi,

For the benefit of the other forum users,
this issue has been raised on our Support Desk and it has been dealt with accordingly.

Thanks

Dany

#8 Post by Dany » 21 Oct 2008 18:15

marko.medic wrote:For the benefit of the other forum users,
this issue has been raised on our Support Desk and it has been dealt with accordingly.
Hi, For the benefit of the other forum users, what went wrong, what was the problem, and what was the solution? How to prevent that other users run into the same situation? :oops:
Kind regards, Dany.

marko.medic
mikroElektronika team

#9 Post by marko.medic » 22 Oct 2008 09:49

Hi,

Problem was solved easily.
Solution to this problem is well documented in Help section of compilers as well as in manuals for our compilers.
Also there are a lot of posts on this forum about mentioned problem.
I wouldn't wont to go into details to avoid disrespecting forum user who raised this question.

I hope you understand.

The main point is that this is no bug in our compiler or malfunctioning hardware so topic name is changed.

Thanks

ALIBE

#10 Post by ALIBE » 28 Oct 2008 13:34

well, there's nothing secret abt it really. I think it will benefit others.

1. Issue w/ multiple binaries uploading to bigavr;
This was because I was having multiple files from different projects open at the time of "build and program". I was not aware that I had multiple files open - and raised that the IDE was not very clear abt showing which projects files were open. Additionally, this was not all that well documented (in my perspective at least).

2. The demo code for GLCD - could be compiled and fails w/ "Demo". Indicating that the IDE has a limit to how big of program can be built and programmed. I have the trial ver as I did not want to spend any more $$ on full IDE. The point then is, I am not able to fully test the GLCD device I purchased at. I was told that the new IDE will resolve this issue.

those were it really.

Return to “mikroPascal for AVR General”