Still support for compiler?

General discussion on mikroPascal for AVR.
Author

Still support for compiler?

#1 Post by Sascha » 01 Jun 2008 23:25

Hello together!

I'm using Bascom for some years and now I'm thinking about to change to mikroPascal and EasyAVR5...
The development board and the cheap hardware extensions like serial ethernet, RTC, EasyMP3 looks very interesting for me. Usefull extensions for a good price! But without a good and supported compiler...

I'm reading many postings about many bugs in the compiler, but without a comment from a member of mikroE. Seems that supporting the AVR compiler has no priority for mikroE? The latest version is about 1 year old!
Are there still plans to remove existing bugs in mikroPascal and extend the compiler?

Sascha

zristic
mikroElektronika team

Re: Still support for compiler?

#2 Post by zristic » 02 Jun 2008 08:35

Sascha

#3 Post by Sascha » 02 Jun 2008 12:22

Thanks, good to read!
But let me ask more clearly - updating the compiler once a year isn't enough for such a big project, isnt't it? I'm sure there was a reason that nobody at mE had worked intensive on the AVR compilers for a long time. The important question is now - is this reason still there? Will you invest more time in the future for the AVR compilers?

Sascha

zristic
mikroElektronika team

#4 Post by zristic » 02 Jun 2008 14:59

Sascha wrote:But let me ask more clearly - updating the compiler once a year isn't enough for such a big project, isnt't it?
No, it is not.
It is a consequence of unfortunate events which we wish not to happen again.
In future all of our compilers will have the same quality and treatment.

Sascha

#5 Post by Sascha » 02 Jun 2008 15:06

zristic wrote:In future all of our compilers will have the same quality and treatment.
Cool, that's what I want to hear :D

Sascha

Return to “mikroPascal for AVR General”