ethernet library, how to exchange data over it?

General discussion on mikroPascal for AVR.
Author

ethernet library, how to exchange data over it?

#1 Post by vladaepro » 29 May 2008 21:39

Hi

I'm using MikroPascal for a few days and i'm very sattisfied with it. Ofcourse, there is much space for improvements, fixing bugs... but still a very good choice for someone who's more familiar with Pascal/Assembler language than with C.

I'm working on project which should have enabled comunication between devices by itself, and with PC (devices are physicaly connected to Local Network). As i can read on this forum, there are no SendTCP (or even SendUDP for AVR version of MikroPascal) or similar function in library? Actualy, i don't have to use TCP or UDP for comunication, so do you have any suggestion about how to exchange data between multiple devices on LAN? Any form of sending/receiving RAW packets, or using lower layer than TCP/UDP with current libraries?

I tried Web Server example and it works, but i need a two way comunication.

I'm using EasyAVR5 board with ENC28J60 board.

Thanx in advance

P.S. If someone wants to answer me on PM, feel free to use serbian language if it's easier for you :)

Helmut

#2 Post by Helmut » 07 Jun 2008 22:03

An example:
www.soft-land.de

vladaepro

#3 Post by vladaepro » 12 Jun 2008 12:23

Helmut, thanx for the link, but it's about Web server application, and that is already provided as example in Micropascal.

The thing i need is to SEND data packets, not just to respond on data requests. In a meanwhile, i'm translated some routines from C language to Micropascal, and i'm able now to send UDP packets to MAC addresses. Stil has trouble with implementing ARP procedures because of some bugs in Micropascal...

As i can see, TCP stack requires a lot more RAM, so i think that i'm going to stuck with UDP.

Return to “mikroPascal for AVR General”