Necto 1.7 Upgrade comments

General discussion on IDE.
Author

Necto 1.7 Upgrade comments

#1 Post by Dominic75 » 10 Jun 2021 17:49

Hi,
I just updated to 1.7 and I have some comments to share:
  • What does it bring to me to sign in? (Also does not remember me between sessions...)
  • Why do we need to have "NOT SIGNED IN" in caps in the title bar? This is pretty useless and is only a distraction. There are other way to tell users if they are not signed in without having a permanent reminder. (And even when signed in, what's the point of having my username permanently there?)
  • The new "Project Setup" process is way to involved compared to previous release. Why do I have to go through 6 different screen, and on each screen click on Advance to setup settings? It was WAY more productive the way it was set before. This is really going backwards
  • With this new "Project Setup", when CodeGrip is not detected I have to go through all these screens just to "refresh" it
  • Menu on the left side instead of on top is quite nice - Gives more place for code window
Most of what I can see from this update is losing productivity over an over the top design. If the goal is to make it easier for new user, then there should be an advance mode where we don't need to go through all that just to change project settings.

Dominic

filip
mikroElektronika team

Re: Necto 1.7 Upgrade comments

#2 Post by filip » 21 Jun 2021 15:13

Hi,
Why do we need to have "NOT SIGNED IN" in caps in the title bar? This is pretty useless and is only a distraction. There are other way to tell users if they are not signed in without having a permanent reminder. (And even when signed in, what's the point of having my username permanently there?)
Thanks, do you maybe have a suggestion what you would like to see when you are not signed in ?
The new "Project Setup" process is way to involved compared to previous release. Why do I have to go through 6 different screen, and on each screen click on Advance to setup settings? It was WAY more productive the way it was set before. This is really going backwards
This was really an improvement in the project setup, each screen is used to set a different thing. I will pass you remark to our development team.
With this new "Project Setup", when CodeGrip is not detected I have to go through all these screens just to "refresh" it
Yes, this seems inconvenient, I will see if there is any way to get around this - maybe to ensure that the CODEGRIP is detected before ?
Menu on the left side instead of on top is quite nice - Gives more place for code window
We also think this, more place for the code is always needed.

If you have more suggestions or comments, feel free to post them here.

Regards,
Filip.

Return to “IDE General”