Necto Studio Bug Report

General discussion on IDE.
Author

Necto Studio Bug Report

#1 Post by Toley » 31 Jan 2021 20:57

Necto Studio still have some small bugs that make it really hard to work efficiently.

Here are some I observed lately.

The color schemes are really hard to work with. I've try to change it but click on the "Use KDE Color Scheme" and it did overwrite the current NectoDark scheme and I'm not able to restore it now.
Edit: I was able to restore the original NectoDark theme by exporting the original from my laptop. But I'm still confused about the KDE Color Scheme use.

Also the autocomplete feature is almost impossible to work with because the color are too much dark. Here is what I mean:
Necto_Auto.jpg
Necto_Auto.jpg (15.32 KiB) Viewed 1585 times
Also when we fill the arguments in the function, the helping text stay there and event when changing line, the colors stays.

I also notice something very annoying. When we change the screen (or simply put it in the task bar). When cumming back to the editor, the focus is on the Project Manager windows and not on the main editor. We need to click on the editor windows before being able to write any line of code. It's simple but very annoying.
Focus.png
Focus.png (12.7 KiB) Viewed 1585 times
Please make this IDE more user friendly and enjoying to use before adding other features!
Serge T.
Learning is an endeless process but it must start somewhere!

filip
mikroElektronika team

Re: Necto Studio Bug Report

#2 Post by filip » 02 Feb 2021 11:23

Hi,
The color schemes are really hard to work with. I've try to change it but click on the "Use KDE Color Scheme" and it did overwrite the current NectoDark scheme and I'm not able to restore it now.
Edit: I was able to restore the original NectoDark theme by exporting the original from my laptop. But I'm still confused about the KDE Color Scheme use.
It may be a little non-intuitive, editing scheme is always performed on the selected one from the drop-down list in the top left corner, so saving changes will overwrite the existing one.
To prevent this, first make a new scheme and edit it afterwards.
Also the autocomplete feature is almost impossible to work with because the color are too much dark. Here is what I mean:
You may the colors in the color scheme in order to make this visible.
I see what you mean, it appears that code editor focuses on the function parameter even though you pressed enter to go into the next line.
I also notice something very annoying. When we change the screen (or simply put it in the task bar). When cumming back to the editor, the focus is on the Project Manager windows and not on the main editor. We need to click on the editor windows before being able to write any line of code. It's simple but very annoying.
You are right, after we bring back the IDE to the front, it focuses on the opened tab instead of the code editor.

Regards,
Filip.

janni

Re: Necto Studio Bug Report

#3 Post by janni » 17 Feb 2021 14:05

Toley wrote:
31 Jan 2021 20:57
Necto Studio still have some small bugs that make it really hard to work efficiently.
Ha, some! I've had a brief 'adventure' with Necto last year. After my count of various IDE incongruities, bugs and missing features crossed 20, I gave up. And thanks to mE's policy of only one finite duration trial, I won't have the opportunity to return to testing the new IDE, even if I got so bored that it started to seem attractive :roll: .
Please make this IDE more user friendly and enjoying to use before adding other features!
First the features of PRO that got lost in Necto would have to be restored. Otherwise Necto Studio will be only good for small variations of demo code on mE's hardware (which apparently has been the main goal in creating it).

Return to “IDE General”