"There is no selected device" on STM32 Discovery board

General discussion on IDE.
Author

"There is no selected device" on STM32 Discovery board

#1 Post by The_YongGrand » 14 Dec 2019 02:39

I could not have this studio connect or to detect the STM32 discovery board (STM32VLDiscovery).

How or where I could use the MikroProg on this IDE?

To replicate error: Just compile on a custom settings and then upload it.

Here's the error:

Code: Select all

Programming target: H:/stm32-projects-2019/build-u8g2_stm32_test_necto-mikrocarm-generic-stm32f100rb-1-mhz/u8g2_stm32_test_necto/u8g2_stm32_test_necto.hex
Starting operation...
There is no selected device.
And why I can't select anything on it? The "choose target" box is empty and not activated. If it's only supporting CodeGrip programmer, that would be very tough for all the existing ARM users as most of us are using STLink programmers (for STM32) !
necto_program.PNG
necto_program.PNG (14.26 KiB) Viewed 1738 times
Can we get this fixed? This compiler should have address fundamental issues such as programmer support before going to other things.

rajkovic
mikroElektronika team

Re: "There is no selected device" on STM32 Discovery board

#2 Post by rajkovic » 14 Dec 2019 14:02

The_YongGrand wrote:I could not have this studio connect or to detect the STM32 discovery board (STM32VLDiscovery).

Currently, the BETA compiler supports only CODEGRIP programmers/debuggers. We are working on GDB server support and much wider support of boards in NECTO STUDIO. Also, our CODEGRIP will have support for GDB so that it could be used with other IDE and compilers.
The plan is to be more open, so any customer can use a set of HW and SW in a combination that he likes. We wanted to put BETA
as soon as it was ready so we can get as most feedback from customers, not to fall in the trap of investing in features, you do not need and not investing in things essential for you.

Return to “IDE General”