Mikromedia 7 Cap mikroBUS count in Necto

Author

Mikromedia 7 Cap mikroBUS count in Necto

#1 Post by tephraderm » 23 Mar 2022 03:38

I have a Mikromedia 7 Cap smart display and a STM32F767ZG MCU. I also plan to connect 2x current clicks, 1x ADAC click, 1x PWM 2 click to the Shield.

When using NECTO Studio and creating my setup I am trying to use 4 of the 5 mikroBUS ports available on the board. Why does the setup not initialize the mikroBUS ports? It shows the count as 0 and no clicks work, since the board def is setup wrong. I've been using a setup that has the fusion for ARMv8 as the board and telling it I have a 7' CAP display. Not sure why the board isn't setup to use all available features.

Also, the RGB Led on the front side is on the same I2C2 bus as the Touch controller and has the same address. Thus rendering it useless for testing I2C, or for other indicators. This seems like a pretty big oversite as both chips are hardwired and don't have alternate addresses. Moving one to one of the other 3 available I2C ports would have fixed this issue.

costas.vlachos

Re: Mikromedia 7 Cap mikroBUS count in Necto

#2 Post by costas.vlachos » 30 Sep 2022 12:09

No, they are not on the same I2C address!

The Capacitive Touch Sensor is on 0x38, and the RGB LED Controller is on 0x39.

I've been using both devices on the mikroMedia 7 Capacitive Smart Display, and they both work OK.

Return to “Mikromedia”