Mikromedia 7 FPI - No beginner tutorials?

Author

Mikromedia 7 FPI - No beginner tutorials?

#1 Post by darkglove » 06 Nov 2021 17:09

Using:
Mikromedia 7 FPI Bezel
ST32F100ZE

Day 3 and I'm struggling to get any solid information on how to get started with this dev board.

The beautiful "user manual" kindly explains what Ethernet is but fails to get you anywhere near a hello world example.

There is a good YouTube tutorial for the Basic Embedded Kit but nothing for this.

So after a lot of digging around and mucking about can someone please help me understand the following.

1, It looks like I need to use NectoStudio as I saw somewhere that I can't use this board with MicroC(?) but after getting to the point of compiling I then needed a MikroC licence as well (both now on a time trial). Am I supposed to buy a licence for both MikroC and NectoStudio? I was prepared to get MikroC Pro as it seems to have a lot of benefits with libraries etc.

2, I have a CodeGrip for programming and as I don't have a lisence to enable the wifi (another $100?! seriously?) I'm trying to get NectoStudio (1.8.3) to use it over USB. I can select CodeGrip in the programmers section of my setup but "No selected board" shows. The Scan option seems to only be for wifi-enabled devices and the "Target Options" button crashes the program, it just vanishes. CodeGrip Suite connects fine and firmware is updated (1.5.0).

3, Where can I download the uncompiled version of the preloaded program that flashes and clicks the buzzer? That would be a good starting point at least. I can't even work out what pins the LEDs are on right now.

4, Is there not a demo program that uses all of the built-in devices on this board? I've searched but I've not found anything that seems relevant.

Thanks for any help

filip
mikroElektronika team

Re: Mikromedia 7 FPI - No beginner tutorials?

#2 Post by filip » 12 Nov 2021 12:13

Hi,

I believe we have sorted the Mikromedia issue via e-mail.

Regards,
Filip.

Return to “Mikromedia”