Micromedia 7 Capacitive + MCU PIC32MZ1024EFF144

Author

Micromedia 7 Capacitive + MCU PIC32MZ1024EFF144

#1 Post by djiki » 10 Sep 2021 13:08

Yesterday I purchased those products. When powered on by provided USB cable, LED + Buzzer start changing ON/OFF states. I guess it works with some preprogramed demo blinking program.
Is this MCU preloaded with a bootloader? Where can I find more info on that? I tried mikroBootloader USB HID.exe v2.8.0.0 but nothing is recognized on Windows x64 when I connect board. Is power from USB 3.0 port enough or I need to provide external power on mikromedia board? What should be position of SW1 microswitch on board for that action?

Then I tried to connect my old PICFlash2 programmer to mikroProg_suite_v2.9 on X64 Windows 10 Pro 20H2 build 19042.1165 (in doc is stated that mikroProg suite is compatible with old programmers too) but unfortunately even installed driver was successful (it says: mikroElektronika (USB18PRG) ClassName (04/15/2008 6.0.6001.18000) Status: Ready to use), mikroProg_suite does not recognize PICFlash2 programmer. When I connect it on USB port, blue LED on programmer is turned on, but nothing appear in windows notification nor in mikroProg_suite devices list. That list is blank. Does PICFlash2 need new firmware?

UPDATE (edit):

After several different driver combinations and restart of PC, PICFlash2 has finally became visible in mikroProg_suite under windows 10. But unfortunately PIC32MZ is not supported in its list of supported microcontrollers. So the only available option left for accessing PIC32MZ is through bootloader if it is preprogrammed in PIC with that sample program. How can I check does bootloader exist inside?

filip
mikroElektronika team

Re: Micromedia 7 Capacitive + MCU PIC32MZ1024EFF144

#2 Post by filip » 13 Sep 2021 14:19

Hi,

PICFlash 2 programmer doesn't support PIC32 family, you may see the supported MCU list when you connect the programmer to the PC and start mikroProg Suite application.

The MCU card is preprogrammed with the simple LED blinking program prior to packaging, the bootloader is not programmed.

Regards,
Filip.

djiki

#3 Post by djiki » 14 Sep 2021 13:10

Thank for response,
yes, when I managed PICFlash2 became visible on windows 10, I saw on the list of supported PICs that PIC32 series are not supported on that programmer. In the meanwhile I've purchased CODEgrip for PIC and while I'm waiting for it to arrive, I have several questions related to Mikromedia 7 capacitive and MCU PIC32MZ1024EFF144.

1. Are there any examples for that combination of MCU and Mikromedia 7 on your site utilizing all hardware on board?
2. Is there Hardware abstract layer (HAL) library for Mikromedia 7 ready for download which is compatibile with Microchip Harmony v3?
Is there any tool for exchanging setups from NectoStudio and Microchip Harmony 3?

filip
mikroElektronika team

#4 Post by filip » 17 Sep 2021 15:26

Hi,
1. Are there any examples for that combination of MCU and Mikromedia 7 on your site utilizing all hardware on board?
I'm afraid we don't have examples for this MCU, but I will look to see if we have something similar, for some other PIC32 MCU.
2. Is there Hardware abstract layer (HAL) library for Mikromedia 7 ready for download which is compatibile with Microchip Harmony v3?
Is there any tool for exchanging setups from NectoStudio and Microchip Harmony 3?
mikromedia 7 is supported in the NECTO Studio and as well in the mikroSDK, so you may use it there.
As for the Harmony compatibility, for now we don't have a porting layer between Harmony and mikroSDK.

Regards,
Filip.

Return to “Mikromedia”