Mikromedia 5 programming failure

Author

Mikromedia 5 programming failure

#1 Post by MMAN » 08 Apr 2021 12:38

I am new at TFT and STM ARM programming. That being said, here is my problem.

Received my Mikromedia 5 board with working demo program. I create a simple TFT program to change the screen colour to blue. I build and program the HEX file using the USB HID bootloader. Bootloader connected and programmed my HEX file. My program did not display anything. So, uploaded the demo HEX file with the USB HID bootloader. Everything works again.

Next, I made some changes to my simple TFT program and uploaded the HEX file again with the USB HID bootloader. Again, nothing on my display. But after that upload, the USB HID bootloader no longer wants to connect to Mikromedia 5 board. I unplug and plug my USB cables, restart IDE program, and reboot computer, and my bootloader still cannot connect.

I assumed I corrupted the bootloader file in the Mikromedia 5 board. So, I decided to program the demo HEX file with my CODEGRIP programmer. Installed the jumpers 6 and 7 on the Mikromedia board, connect the 10-pin connector (PIN 1 to PIN 1). The CODEGRIP program successfully detected my microcontroller (STM32F407ZG). But when I program the microcontroller, I always get verify error. And the demo program does not run. Try many things with settings and no luck.

Did I forget something or did I something wrong?
Is my brand new Mikromedia 5 board toast after programming?
Please help.

Mikromedia 5 for STM32F4 CAPACITIVE
mikroBasic PRO for ARM + TFT
CODEGRIP for STM32

MMAN

Re: Mikromedia 5 programming failure

#2 Post by MMAN » 09 Apr 2021 22:57

Success! I fugired out i needed to change the the ERASE TYPE to Erase and Unlock. Erase the chip then program the bootloader. Everything working.

Now to figure out the TFT programming stuff.

Thanks for the views everybody. I hope this will help someone in the future.

Return to “Mikromedia”