Mikromedia 7 CAPACITIVE

Author
Dragan_Stefanovic
mikroElektronika team

Mikromedia 7 CAPACITIVE

#1 Post by Dragan_Stefanovic » 20 Jun 2019 10:55

Full featured board designed as complete solution for rapid development of multimedia and GUI-centric applications.

Mikromedia 7 CAPACITIVE is fully functional, high-performance, feature-rich compact development board, not limited to multimedia-based applications only. USB, Ethernet, WiFi and RF connectivity options, digital motion sensor, battery charging functionality, piezo-buzzer, SD-Card reader, RTC, and much more, expands its use beyond the multimedia.

Featuring a large 7” capacitive touch screen driven by the powerful graphics controller that can display the 24-bit color palette (16.7 million colors), along with a DSP-powered embedded sound CODEC IC, it represents a perfect solution for any type of multimedia and GUI-centric applications.

Two standardized 1x26-pin headers expose the available MCU pins to the user, adding another layer of expandability. By using mikromedia 7 shield, connectivity can be further expanded with several mikroBUS™ sockets, additional connectors, peripherals, and so on.

Mikromedia 7 CAPACITIVE is the first development board with the mikroBUS™ Shuttle connector, a brand-new addition to the mikroBUS™ standard in the form of a 2x8-pin IDC header with 1.27mm (50mil) pitch. mikroBUS™ Shuttle extension board is an add-on board equipped with the conventional mikroBUS™ socket, which ensures compatibility with 600+ Click boards™.

The MCU Card standard has standardized dimensions that can support various number of pin varieties and makes it possible to use more than 350 MCUs regardless of their vendor. One MCU card standard supports multiple architecture ARM, PIC32, dsPIC, PIC through multiple vendors: Microchip, ST, NXP, TI. Support for even more vendors is coming!

For more information about Mikromedia 7 CAPACITIVE visit official page.

ua100k

Re: Mikromedia 7 CAPACITIVE

#2 Post by ua100k » 02 Jul 2019 01:36

It is very sad that you are putting out products without improving on your documentation which is very bad.

petar.suknjaja
mikroElektronika team

#3 Post by petar.suknjaja » 02 Jul 2019 08:46

ua100k wrote:It is very sad that you are putting out products without improving on your documentation which is very bad.
Hi,
We featured better schematics and more information in manual ( available for download on the product page links) ,

https://download.mikroe.com/documents/f ... manual.pdf

Could you tell me, in your opinion, what should be improved in Mikromedia 7's documentation?

Kind regards,
Petar

garrip

#4 Post by garrip » 24 Oct 2019 21:17

First Mikroe product of which I am disappointed, not for the hardware quality but practically for no documentation and examples.

Without complete documentation mikromedia 7 capacitve becomes practically unusable quickly and instead of shortening the development time increases it.  

I recommend waiting to buy when there will be a complete documentation (and examples), unless you intend to waste a lot of time.

The Mikroe support responds quickly, thank for the support but in this case it doesn't even have the info.

petar.suknjaja
mikroElektronika team

#5 Post by petar.suknjaja » 31 Oct 2019 08:42

garrip wrote:First Mikroe product of which I am disappointed, not for the hardware quality but practically for no documentation and examples.

Without complete documentation mikromedia 7 capacitve becomes practically unusable quickly and instead of shortening the development time increases it.

I recommend waiting to buy when there will be a complete documentation (and examples), unless you intend to waste a lot of time.

The Mikroe support responds quickly, thank for the support but in this case it doesn't even have the info.
Thank you for your input,
We plan to release more comprehensive documentation for our new products,
Regarding the examples - there are few examples uploaded on the libstock and I believe those numbers will rise,

Also any suggestion on what should we include in the documentation - from your perspective, will be greatly appreciated,

Kind regards,
Petar

garrip

#6 Post by garrip » 04 Nov 2019 23:28

Hi,

I don't understand this product
MIKROE-3633

On board mikromedia 7 capacitive there are 5 mikrobus input,
why should I have to use MIKROE-3633 Also?

As You wrote me mikromedia 7 capacitive is not compatible with mikrobus jet, so You can not works with the 5 mikrobus native and the 5 on MIKROE-3633 too. Buy now You sell mikrobus expansions so I suppose the libraries are ready now and mikromedia 7 capacitive is compatible.
How can I download or update the mikroc pro for armi? I use stm32f767 and tm32f407

Thank, best regards.

Marco

Thank, best regards

petar.suknjaja
mikroElektronika team

#7 Post by petar.suknjaja » 05 Nov 2019 11:12

garrip wrote:Hi,

I don't understand this product
MIKROE-3633

On board mikromedia 7 capacitive there are 5 mikrobus input,
why should I have to use MIKROE-3633 Also?
Shield allows you adding Click Boards in a specific way, in this case I would say that it could be useful to someone who wants to encase the mikromedia in more "square" package, add additional Click Boards or share the existing one mikroBus pins to stack as many devices it could take.
It also features an on-board CAN module.
garrip wrote:
As You wrote me mikromedia 7 capacitive is not compatible with mikrobus jet, so You can not works with the 5 mikrobus native and the 5 on MIKROE-3633 too.
What our technicians told you is that there's no board def for a new Mikromedia 7 Capacitive and that we will release it in next time-frame.
In the meantime you can use the same board def for the new ARM board as it is pin to pin compatible - ( currently available for 407, for 767 you'll need a different board def ).

If you want to update the mikroSDK libraries, you can download the one for your compiler - uninstall the previous and install this one through the Package Manager.
https://libstock.mikroe.com/projects/view/2249/mikrosdk

There are also some great articles and explanation on how to write your own board def with step by step guide included:
https://www.mikroe.com/blog/mikrosdk-bo ... tion-files
https://www.mikroe.com/blog/the-mikrosd ... evelopment

Kind regards,
Petar

garrip

#8 Post by garrip » 08 Nov 2019 14:24

Hi,

I attachmented the files that I have created to use Mikrobus on Mikromedia 7 Capacitive with STM32F767ZG.

(Let's say that the 15 minutes indicated in the guide are not true, it takes an hour or so, but it's ok)

I inserted them in SDK, I instelled then and I inclued in my code with no errors.

I tried to test using Led Driver 3 Click Example code (STM32M7) but the RGB Led if off all the time.

I'll tried with other clickboard that I have ordered .

Can you say me if my files are ok or not?

Thank, best regards.
Marco
Attachments
Mikromedia7CapacitiveMikroBus.zip
(487.28 KiB) Downloaded 243 times
Last edited by garrip on 10 Nov 2019 21:10, edited 1 time in total.

garrip

#9 Post by garrip » 10 Nov 2019 21:02

mrki.ru45

#10 Post by mrki.ru45 » 27 Jan 2020 21:27

Hello,

I bought a Micromedia 7 capacitive with an STM32F767ZG microcontroller with no example code describing at least some peripherals like display driver, MP3, Timer...
I want to know if this is normal or not, and if so, can you tell me where I can find any project/code example for this combination Mikromedia and microcontroller?

Thanks,
Dejan

jovana.medakovic
mikroElektronika team

#11 Post by jovana.medakovic » 28 Jan 2020 17:35

Hello Dejan,

In our LibStock, you can find examples for Mikromedia 7 capacitive:
https://libstock.mikroe.com/projects/vi ... capacitive
Unfortunately, we don't have an example for your MCU, but from the attachment, you can find a simple example you can test with if your hardware works fine.

Kind regards,
Jovana
Attachments
Mikromedia_7_Demo_STM32F767ZG.zip
(661.08 KiB) Downloaded 211 times

D7cky

#12 Post by D7cky » 05 Feb 2020 23:48

The hex works.

But when I try to open project in necto I receive this error

Library 'MikroC.FAT32_Defs_STM32_M3_M4_M7' not found. Be sure that 'MEMAKE_PREFIX_PATH' configuration entry contains path where library is installed.

How I fix that?

garrip

#13 Post by garrip » 16 Feb 2020 22:17

It is not for NECTO, use mikroC pro for ARM.

foximaxi

#14 Post by foximaxi » 21 Jul 2020 06:46

Hi,

I may need your support.

I bought the Mikromedia 7 Capacitive FPI with a STM32F767BIT MCU card (#23). Despite the missing documentation (no guys, a schematic is no documentation) I tested some hardwaes on the board soon. Oh, the examples are not that usefull as you may think, since some very low level software is missing. No problem, using the STM32CubeIDE, I created a new project and set up some peripheral as it should work. Right now I can use the TFT screen (hmm..), the touch panel, and STemWin is also running well. Also I can detect the power source and the battery status. And now some problems. I don't use any MIKROE software (library or compiler), I'm working with GCC, so I have no idea how to set up the TFT screen right. The marketing sheet (called datasheet) has no information about the settings of the TFT screen (basically the SSD1963 register settings), so I tried to set up the screen based on another known TFT panels with some success, but the used settings are far away from perfect. My screen is still flickering sometimes. Another problem is the RTC. A battery is placed on the PCB which is intended to run the RTC of the microcontroller. That is a very nice feature! Unfortunately the STM32 needs a backup battery voltage between 1.65V and 3.6V, and the installed coin cell is an 1.55V type. It is enough to keep the backup SRAM alive, but it can not keep the LSE clock running, it is simply stopped after the main power is shut down. A pretty high-piced mistake!

Can you please provide more information about the display (datasheet of the manufacturer with timing settings, code snippet of the initialization function, whatever)?
Is there a workaround for the RTC battery?

Thanks
Thomas

jovana.medakovic
mikroElektronika team

#15 Post by jovana.medakovic » 24 Jul 2020 15:15

Hi Thomas,

Could you please open the support ticket, so we will continue the conversation there?

Kind regards,
Jovana

Return to “Mikromedia”