Mikromedia 7 CAPACITIVE

Author

Re: Mikromedia 7 CAPACITIVE

#16 Post by MrChunckuee » 05 Sep 2020 01:54

Regards!!

Good tool with good features, we are working on a project, but as mentioned before, I also think that the manual lacks more information.

With my work team, it gave us a great headache to make the RF module work, in the schematic it is not indicated which pins it is connected to to make it work, we tried activating the SPI pins and with an oscilloscope in hand until we found them, after that everything worked fine.

By the way, if anyone is interested, the RF module is connected to SPI1 at least for the STM32F765ZI.

Could you recommend me an external antenna for the RF module or the data of the connector you have for the external antenna, I would greatly appreciate it.

filip
mikroElektronika team

#17 Post by filip » 08 Sep 2020 10:18

Hi,

You can use 2,4 GHz antenna connected via adapter :
https://www.mikroe.com/wifi-rubber-ante ... -angle-sma
https://www.mikroe.com/ipex-sma

Regards,
Filip.

MrChunckuee

#18 Post by MrChunckuee » 11 Sep 2020 00:26

Thank you very much for the tip.

Now I have a question. Is it necessary to remove the SMD antenna if I am going to use an external antenna?

filip
mikroElektronika team

#19 Post by filip » 14 Sep 2020 13:50

Hi,

I apologize, I have mixed the mikromedia 7 capacitive (https://www.mikroe.com/mikromedia-7-capacitive)with mikromedia 7 FPI (https://www.mikroe.com/mikromedia-7-cap ... with-frame); the latter has the antenna connector while the former does not, it has only the chip antenna.

I am sorry for the confusion.

Regards,
Filip.

MrChunckuee

#20 Post by MrChunckuee » 18 Sep 2020 22:37

filip wrote:
14 Sep 2020 13:50
Hi,

I apologize, I have mixed the mikromedia 7 capacitive (https://www.mikroe.com/mikromedia-7-capacitive)with mikromedia 7 FPI (https://www.mikroe.com/mikromedia-7-cap ... with-frame); the latter has the antenna connector while the former does not, it has only the chip antenna.

I am sorry for the confusion.

Regards,
Filip.
Hi! filip
I understand, I have the frame version. The question would be, can I have both antennas working at the same time? Or should I remove the SMD antenna when using the external antenna.

Another question. What happened to the question about the RTC battery? I have the same problem, there is something I can do to solve it.
foximaxi wrote:
21 Jul 2020 06:46
Hi,

I may need your support.

I bought the Mikromedia 7 Capacitive FPI with a STM32F767BIT MCU card (#23). Despite the missing documentation (no guys, a schematic is no documentation) I tested some hardwaes on the board soon. Oh, the examples are not that usefull as you may think, since some very low level software is missing. No problem, using the STM32CubeIDE, I created a new project and set up some peripheral as it should work. Right now I can use the TFT screen (hmm..), the touch panel, and STemWin is also running well. Also I can detect the power source and the battery status. And now some problems. I don't use any MIKROE software (library or compiler), I'm working with GCC, so I have no idea how to set up the TFT screen right. The marketing sheet (called datasheet) has no information about the settings of the TFT screen (basically the SSD1963 register settings), so I tried to set up the screen based on another known TFT panels with some success, but the used settings are far away from perfect. My screen is still flickering sometimes. Another problem is the RTC. A battery is placed on the PCB which is intended to run the RTC of the microcontroller. That is a very nice feature! Unfortunately the STM32 needs a backup battery voltage between 1.65V and 3.6V, and the installed coin cell is an 1.55V type. It is enough to keep the backup SRAM alive, but it can not keep the LSE clock running, it is simply stopped after the main power is shut down. A pretty high-piced mistake!

Can you please provide more information about the display (datasheet of the manufacturer with timing settings, code snippet of the initialization function, whatever)?
Is there a workaround for the RTC battery?

Thanks
Thomas

filip
mikroElektronika team

#21 Post by filip » 30 Sep 2020 08:01

Hi,

Could you please open the support ticket, so we will continue the conversation there?

Regards,
Filip.

ua100k

#22 Post by ua100k » 26 Dec 2020 12:07

I have not purchased this board as I tried the earlier design which is similar to this and there display update is very slow and there is screen tearing in your demo software already. So it would seem the GRAM and the update timing is not correct. Even if there are a lot of functions, this limits any graphics or good use of the display other then for playing around.

I would like to suggest that the following before releasing your products
1. Full documentation. Programming manuals with full explanation of each function, each variable passed to the function, and an detailed of an example.
2. Making sure your display is running at the best refresh and update rate otherwise it is only a toy.
3. Making sure that mounting the hardware to the chassis or enclosure does not hinder any cables, connections or SD cards. In the past this has been true.
Is is more true of the smaller boards.
4. Full software. I find that when going to fully use the boards, only the major pieces of software are available. The others are not or have bugs. Like on the FT900 boards, the advertisements is for two I2C controllers. But when you use the board there is only 1 available. The other I2C on the FT900 is not available to use. The Graphics display has a QSPI connection for fast updates but the board only uses a SPI connection. The other lines are put to ground so cannot be even wired by hand on the board. What is the point of a fast display chip with all these handicaps.

These are some of the small examples. There are many bugs in the IDE software also.

Return to “Mikromedia”